Serie A 2017/18 (109 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
when a former linesman gives the meelan job to a complete nutjob you know how badly run they are.

Giving the job to sam allardyce would have made more sense. gattuso? i mean really? when I first saw the rumours i laughed thinking it would never happen yet it did.

Seedorf, brocchi, inzaghi whatever next...

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Milan sure has Conte written all over it.

Conte loves taking over reclamation projects with no pressure and no other competitions. Basically any functioning human can improve on Milan's results and be proclaimed a hero. And so that's what he'll do. He'll buy a couple Giaccherinis and finish top 4.

It has to be said that Conte is exactly what Milan needs though. He raises the level of average players and forms a strong collective. Any extraordinary player will have to adapt and become less creative. Good thing all Milan has are average players. It's perfect.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Milan sure has Conte written all over it.

Conte loves taking over reclamation projects with no pressure and no other competitions. Basically any functioning human can improve on Milan's results and be proclaimed a hero. And so that's what he'll do. He'll buy a couple Giaccherinis and finish top 4.

It has to be said that Conte is exactly what Milan needs though. He raises the level of average players and forms a strong collective. Any extraordinary player will have to adapt and become less creative. Good thing all Milan has are average players. It's perfect.
:tup:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Idk Conte seems like an ambitious guy and Milan seems a pretty big step backwards from chelsea and juve. Not to mention all the trouble he has had from figc both at juve and national side

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Idk Conte seems like an ambitious guy and Milan seems a pretty big step backwards from chelsea and juve. Not to mention all the trouble he has had from figc both at juve and national side
I think wherever Conte lands next will be a step down from us and Chelsea unless they have a big CL campaign. It's just a combination of top jobs being secured plus his luster wearing off, to a certain degree.

There is absolutely nowhere to go in the EPL with Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Pochettino. In Italy, it looks like Napoli, Roma and Inter are quite settled now. Same for the Spanish giants.

I would be shocked if Bayern went for Conte after the Ancellotti debacle.

The big team left for him is PSG. It would be PSG or Milan from what I can see.

Mar 10, 2009
I think wherever Conte lands next will be a step down from us and Chelsea unless they have a big CL campaign. It's just a combination of top jobs being secured plus his luster wearing off, to a certain degree.

There is absolutely nowhere to go in the EPL with Mourinho, Pep, Klopp, Pochettino. In Italy, it looks like Napoli, Roma and Inter are quite settled now. Same for the Spanish giants.

He said he misses Italy as well, I reckon it'll be AC Milan for sure. Unless either Conte has an amazing CL season or Gatusso somehow turns things around at AC Milan.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

I suppose that they're in Italy and the only side in Italy (with a likely available coaching position) close to being a top team is the biggest draw.

Like I stated earlier, I can't see him at PSG. Conte asks a lot of players and that bunch of over inflated egos likely aren't going to make sacrifices and give everything on the pitch for him like he demands. Just imagine the Cavani, Neymar, and Dani Alves freekick fiasco happening under Conte :howler:

What about Atletico Madrid? I don't follow the Spanish league at all but they've been pretty bad in the CL so far. For some reason I am under the impression that Simeone might not be there much longer, I could be totally off on that though.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007

I don't think Conte will necessary move this summer and even if he does leave Chelsea I don't think he'll accept shitty job offer just because there currently aren't better on the market. AC Milan is currently way below his status, he may have come this summer with a large budget to spend, but not now when they have crapload of players, no money and no team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)