Serie A 2016/2017 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Dude. You can go on all you want and talk all of this nonsense, but I gave you a perfect example (of a goal against Barcelona no less) where you can clearly see our players moving in a 4-2-3-1 formation. I don't know what else I can do.
You can open your mind :tup:

This is how attacking play works with any system that uses wide players, football is more than numbers on a team sheet. Bonucci just scored a goal running through the opposition's team that looked more like something Dybala would do, is he our striker?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You can open your mind :tup:

This is how attacking play works with any system that uses wide players, football is more than numbers on a team sheet. Bonucci just scored a goal running through the opposition's team that looked more like something Dybala would do, is he our striker?

Same thing goes for defence, but you refuse to acknowledge it. I never said players don't switch positions during a game. But Dybala's 2nd goal is a perfect example of which tasks our players are usually giving. They are literally moving in sync as a 4-2-3-1 formation. When we kick off, they start in that position too. That's all that matters when talking about a formation.

None of that is particularly relevant to the discussion at hand anyway, because we clearly have four players who are allowed to focus on attacking, which was my point.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I agree that we defend as 442, but we also attack as 4231 with Khedira a bit higher up the pitch than Pjanič, that's why we call this formation 4231 not 442. But yeah, it's pretty defensive if the other team is willing to play like Barca f.e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)