[Seria A] Juventus - Lecce (9 Viewers)

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
look guys , we're out of the champions league and that is very sad indeed , but that does't mean to surrender everything in one moment cause we are now at the top of the table and we should do our outmost best to win it cause there 's a good possibility that we win the scudetto and Milan finish empty handed !! let's kill lecce and begin our track for our 28th scudetto

forza Bianconeri

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Serie A Preview: Juventus-Lecce
4/16/2005 3:26:00 PM
Juventus have no other option but winning when they meet Lecce at the Stadio Delle Alpi in week 31 after their Champions League exit.
BACKGROUND

Juventus are now focused on the Scudetto to save their season after the surprise exit from the Champions League against Liverpool . The Bianconeri are determined to put the Wednesday evening nightmare behind them and show their character in this game. Milan have other commitments so all frustrations should be put into this game in order to take advantage from any potential fall from Milan against Siena especially before the difficult test in week 32 when Juventus travel to Milan to play against Inter.

The game between the Bianconeri and the Giallorossi isnt any regular game by any stretch of the imagination seeing as the last time they met at the Delle Alpi, Lecce played an unforgettable game and won 4-3. As well, Juve is well aware of Lecce coach Zdenek Zeman who’s comments started the doping case against Juventus, causing a big blow to the club reputation. Juventus had a comfortable 0-1 win at week 12 but this time the Lecce coach is coming with one target to cost the Bianconeri 3 valuable points that could cause them to go behind in the neck to neck race with Milan. Lecce have nothing to lose as they avoided relegation by 90% and also have lost hope of winning a place in European competition next season.

TEAM NEWS

Juventus will be missing Trezeguet who’s out for 20 days with an ankle problem. Zebina is out for a month with a muscular problem and Ferrara with a calf injury.

Lecce will be missing Babù who had an operation in his left knee and wont be able to play for the rest of the season. Ladesma who’s out for 20 days with a right knee injury. Bjelanovic who’s also out for 20 days with a twisted ankle and Abruzzese and Cozzolino are also out due to muscular problems.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Alssesandro Del Piero (Juventus)
The Juventus captain has been improving and continually raising his game, each match Del Piero has brought his game to a new level especially in the last 5 games where he has scored 5 goals , Del Piero’s improvement cant be denied even by his critics. The Juventus number 10 shouldn’t be given much trouble against the worst defence in Serie A. Del Piero has been Juventus top scorer so far with 12 goals and he’s definitely one to watch for.

Vucinic (Lecce)
The 22 years old starlet isn’t a player to be taken lightly he’s fast he’s sharp and he wont be easy to handle even with the likes of Thuram and Cannavaro. He’s Lecce’s number 1 hitman after the departure of the impressive Bojinov the 22 year old has scored 12 goals from 12 games which means that Juventus’ defense has to pay him a special attention or he may cause them a lot of damage. He is one to watch for in the Lecce side.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Juventus (4-4-2)
Buffon ,Pessotto ,Thuram ,Cannavaro ,Zambrotta ,Camoranesi ,Blasi ,Emerson ,Nedved ,Ibrahimovic ,Del Piero

Lecce (4-3-3)
Sicignano ,Angelo ,Paci ,Stovini ,Rullo ,Cassetti ,Dalla Bona ,Giacomazzi ,Valdes ,Vucinic ,Pinardi

PREDICTION

Juventus gathered 9 points from their last 4 home games and scored 6 goals while Lecce hasn’t won a single point in their last 4 away games but have scored 5 goals. Lecce have the 2nd best offence in Serie A with an impressive 51 goals scored so far while Juventus stand in the 3rd place tied with Milan with 50 goals. Lecce also have the worst defence in Serie A so far with 53 goals conceded while Juventus have the 2nd best defence after Milan with 19 goals conceded so far. Lecce’s defense could cost this team a lot especially against a side that shows no mercy with defensive mistakes. With Zlatan and Del Piero Juventus should be able to get the 3 points.

Juventus 3 - Lecce 1

Dec 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
look guys , we're out of the champions league and that is very sad indeed , but that does't mean to surrender everything in one moment cause we are now at the top of the table and we should do our outmost best to win it cause there 's a good possibility that we win the scudetto and Milan finish empty handed !! let's kill lecce and begin our track for our 28th scudetto

forza Bianconeri
Empty Handed???.......nearly $US 20 million was lost for losing in the quarter final hahaha.......in the Italian game.....money is HUGE especially for Juve as they average an attendance of about 10000 at home which equates to about $US 400 000 PER GAME where as Milan average 60 000 which brings in about $US 3 MIL plus Milan gathered nearly $US 4 mil from there Inter match. I know you have the tamoil deal worth like $US25 mil per season but Milan made all that by just advancing to the semi's and pehaps a place in the final will top that.....in 2 GAMES. Milan could make that 25 mil in US in about 10 home games + their sponsorship with OPEL worth $US16 per season......

Oh BTW Milan may be sponsored by Samsung next season with a better deal that that of OPEL.

Sorry for gettin of track......but advancing through the CL means $$$$$$ which will inevitably improve the club with new players infastructure training wages and drawcards of course .....ooo and fans and sponsors.

Juve being knoced out of the CL is a bigger loss than u think. You have won the Scudetto 27 times.......whats 28 gonna feel like in 3 or 4 years....THE SAME TO ME

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Zeman zooms in on Juve Sunday 17 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zdenek Zeman continues his attack on Juventus as he prepares for his first visit to the Stadio Delle Alpi for six years.

“I expect to find a hostile reception, but that really doesn’t bother me,” said the tactician who sparked the doping investigation with his comments in the Press.

“Some say my statements were too harsh on the Bianconeri, but I think all it takes is for them to go and read the sentence that the judges in the doping trial passed in order to work out whether or not I was exaggerating.”

Club doctor Riccardo Agricola was found guilty of sporting fraud, but Juventus were not found liable and will not have to return the trophies they won during that period.

This is Zeman’s first visit to Turin since March 23 1999, when his Roma drew 1-1 at the Delle Alpi, and he faces a Juve side that is desperate for points after their Champions’ League exit.

“On paper this is going to be a very one-sided game,” said the Lecce boss. “We are 20 points behind them in the table and do not have anywhere near the same pedigree. Nonetheless, we hope to remain organised and have our say on the pitch.”

He is forced to juggle his formation due to the absence of Cristian Ledesma and Sasa Bjelanovic through injury, so Marco Cassetti should be pushed up into a wide midfield position.

“I expect to see the kind of Lecce team that can push hard and be motivated to make its mark. This has not been an easy week for us, as Alex Pinardi and Erminio Rullo are also not 100 per cent fit, but we can cause Juventus problems.”

source: channel4.com

And the good old arguments continue.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Capello back in the saddle Sunday 17 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello is not letting Juve’s Champions’ League exit get him down and insists it gives them the edge in the Scudetto race.

“I saw my players were very disappointed after the game with Liverpool, but now we’re back in the saddle and the lads are in the right frame of mind,” explained the Coach.

“Our approach to the Liverpool tie was a mistake and we went on to the pitch assuming that sooner or later we would score. As the clock ticked on and the goal didn’t arrive, we became frustrated. The Premiership side deserves praise for its performance, but if we had played in that style we’d have been labelled purveyors of Catenaccio.”

Injuries are piling up on the Bianconeri and they welcome Lecce without Jonathan Zebina, David Trezeguet and possibly Emerson. The Frenchman’s ongoing fitness worries have prompted stories that Juve will cash in on him with a summer sale to Barcelona.

“Trezeguet has given important signals he wishes to stay and we are counting on him,” said Capello, who convinced him to remain in Turin this season. “He is a very useful player in the box, but unfortunately this inflammation in his ankle is worse than previously thought. I hope he can recover for the final two games.”

Following their 3-3 draw at Fiorentina last week, Juventus cannot afford another slip and take on Zdenek Zeman’s exciting Lecce outfit.

“It won’t be easy, especially as our squad has shrunk of late and I cannot rest any of my stars. Lecce always go on the attack and move the ball around quickly, but there is no personal battle here. It is Juventus-Lecce, not Capello vs. Zeman, and we have a normal rapport as colleagues.”

source: channel4.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
This will be a tough match coming back from losing out to Liverpool. I would go ahead and field something like this for starters:

Buffon

Pessotto - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - Tacchinardi

Nedved

Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Forza Juve

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
I don't think that Don Fabio would make the same mistake just like against liver. He will change tactics. We need 3 points desperately and we will win but I don't thik it will be easily

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)