Sergio Almiron (12 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Are you sure? If I am not mistaken, there are exceptions too, like sharing the total wage, or the second club (Bari) doesn't even pay a penny, if there were agreements between them.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Are you sure? If I am not mistaken, there are exceptions too, like sharing the total wage, or the second club (Bari) doesn't even pay a penny, if there were agreements between them.
:agree: Inter had a similar agreement with barca for Hleb from what i read that they would pay 70% of his salary while being on loan there but he left to germany.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Forza Almiron, may he revive his career at Bari! after returning from loan he will still have a two year contract with us, hopefully then we can regain some of the money invested (wages, transfer fee)..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Just like i thought, a LOAN!!
We were OWNED again, we will keep loaning him out until we can throw every last penny of the 9mil we paid for him, off the window...

And if i am not mistaken, in his previous loan, we were still paying a part of his contract...

After all these years, Secco is still extremely pitiful on managing contracts and making a decent profit out of anyone!

Boksic

May 11, 2005
maybe no one wants him, also you cant bench him and lower his value further, so only option left is loaning
:agree:

If nobody wants him we get sell him, its not Secco's fault.

Getting the guy a game puts him in the shop window, and hopefully someone will want him after this season.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Just like i thought, a LOAN!!
We were OWNED again, we will keep loaning him out until we can throw every last penny of the 9mil we paid for him, off the window...

And if i am not mistaken, in his previous loan, we were still paying a part of his contract...

After all these years, Secco is still extremely pitiful on managing contracts and making a decent profit out of anyone!
usually, I enjoy your posts, Cron...But this one is lacking your usual intelligence and any sense of appreciation for what Secco, and others, have done this summer, in terms of improving our squad. Secco MUST be credited with the arrivals of Diego, Melo, Cannavaro and Caceres. The first two of that list, are widely expected to become true greats for our club. Cannavaro could well prove to be an exceptionally solid centreback, perhaps our most unbreachable segment of the defensive wall of this season...we just don't know yet. And as for Caceres, clearly he is capable of great things. And potentially, he could solve one of our defensive problems, either on the flanks, or as a main partner for Chiellini in the middle.

All these years??? Secco is a toddler, in terms of experience in his role at the club. Yes he has made some huge mistakes, but he has impressed me this summer. And in regards to Almiron, he is doing everything he can to offload him, as I am sure he did with Poulsen, and anyone else deemed surplus to requirements. As another member wrote...Whether we are contributing to his wages or not, we are putting him in the shop window. Which means there is far greater a chance of selling him in the future, than if he was rotting in Turin. That would be the only way anyone could say that Secco and his cohorts, are literally throwing the investment completely OUT, not OFF, the window.

Really, I have come to expect more of you, mate...

This may seem harsh. BUT...I have been more excited about Juve than I have done for many years, because of the signings SECCO has made this summer. I haven't forgotten the mistakes he made. Almiron...Tiago...Knezvic...Poulsen...but surely some of the blame for those acquisitions lies with Ranieri. I prefer to look to the hope of the NOW and the FUTURE, not the errors and heartbreak of PAST...I only do the opposite with X girlfriends...not Juve.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
usually, I enjoy your posts, Cron...But this one is lacking your usual intelligence and any sense of appreciation for what Secco, and others, have done this summer, in terms of improving our squad. Secco MUST be credited with the arrivals of Diego, Melo, Cannavaro and Caceres. The first two of that list, are widely expected to become true greats for our club. Cannavaro could well prove to be an exceptionally solid centreback, perhaps our most unbreachable segment of the defensive wall of this season...we just don't know yet. And as for Caceres, clearly he is capable of great things. And potentially, he could solve one of our defensive problems, either on the flanks, or as a main partner for Chiellini in the middle.

All these years??? Secco is a toddler, in terms of experience in his role at the club. Yes he has made some huge mistakes, but he has impressed me this summer. And in regards to Almiron, he is doing everything he can to offload him, as I am sure he did with Poulsen, and anyone else deemed surplus to requirements. As another member wrote...Whether we are contributing to his wages or not, we are putting him in the shop window. Which means there is far greater a chance of selling him in the future, than if he was rotting in Turin. That would be the only way anyone could say that Secco and his cohorts, are literally throwing the investment completely OUT, not OFF, the window.

Really, I have come to expect more of you, mate...

This may seem harsh. BUT...I have been more excited about Juve than I have done for many years, because of the signings SECCO has made this summer. I haven't forgotten the mistakes he made. Almiron...Tiago...Knezvic...Poulsen...but surely some of the blame for those acquisitions lies with Ranieri. I prefer to look to the hope of the NOW and the FUTURE, not the errors and heartbreak of PAST...I only do the opposite with X girlfriends...not Juve.
Just noticed that. After all we have done in the transfer market, you may have noticed that i agree and share your perspective about this year's mercato.

However when i wrote that post i had two points in mind and considering them,
i proudly stand behind my post even now!

-One of my main points of criticism on Secco, is that after all these year, he has failed to sell a player for a decent sum. He has released, sold off and give away, several players that could be used as bargain chips, or at least make a decent profit out of them. Spending other people's money is easy, but making money is were the real manager shows his quality.
Secco has personally commited many mistakes and cost our club a fortune, i was always going to give him a second chance, if he was able o redeem himslef,
by correcting some of those mistakes he made, minimizing the damages, by selling his mistakes (Almiron, Tiago, Poulsen) for a decent sum.
Or at least sell some of our squad players (Molinaro, Grygera, Zebina) for a decent profit.
Since he failed to do all that, he deeply disappointed me, one more time...

-And at that time, we were negotiating for our last chance on bringing in a defensive solution to our greatest problem.
It was imperative for me, that this problem would be solved at all costs!
It seemed that all we needed was that extra money we could have got from the sales of the above mentioned player.
Just one of them would be enough. For me, acquiring an extra defender would have made the difference in that mercato. And if we were failing that, i would have blamed Secco, for his choices, priorities and inability to sell anyone for a decent price, whilst he has been overpaying for most of our acquisitions right now.

I dont know were all the funds came from in the end and we did manage to complete our acquisitions (Grosso). I dont know if this was an ingenious faint from Secco, to lower Lyon's financial expectations or our Owners last minute intervention/donation. So i gave credit to all sides involved and most esp Secco!!:angel:
The point is that we did managed to buy, what i considered an essential addition to our squad and that makes the Almiron situation a matter of lesser importance now. Since the money from a possible sale didnt affect our mercato that much.
I overlooked our sales situation!
I see the rest of our acquisitions now, as an added bonus (Melo)
Even Canna's acquisition makes sense now and Criscito's fiasko.
A second (third) chance to Tiago, Almiron and Poulsen might pay off in the end
and the decision to keep him one more year, may only give benefits, without any sacrifices/compromises on this mercato!

Therefore i am 100% pleased now, but i would consider losing Criscito, Rafinha and Grosso, only because Secco is unable to sell Almiron or any of the other ones for a decent sum, an outer disaster!

I hope that explains my stance and ties up loose ends, on the matter!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)