Sergio Almiron (31 Viewers)

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Well can't we just loan him to a mid team( Napoli, Sampdoria,...) and pay half of his wages?
why do you want to pay half of his wages? And i'm not so sure if napoli is that far behind fiorentina... It's not as if we could have chosen the team, first of all, there needs to be a lack of CMs, then there needs to be the possibility that they buy him in the end, and there needs to be the financial means to get the deal done possibly.
Of course, if we paid his wages, even mezzocorona would have taken him, but that's not what we're up to.

Come on guys, don't act like we just gave ronaldinho to our CL-Final-Opponents. It's almiron we're talking of. And he may as well can back into shape, but it will still remain almiron, with all due respect to the player. This deal is of little importance, for us and for fiorentina. I'm just glad we avoided another salary-pay for nothing.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
This guy has already started to sound like Chiellini during his Fiorentina's era...

Almiron: I'll show Juve...

Sergio Almiron has touched down at new club Fiorentina with a message for their rivals. “I’m here to prove Juventus wrong.”

The midfielder arrived on loan from the Bianconeri this afternoon, but was considered a flop in his one term in Turin.

“I am really charged up and want to prove my worth,” said the Argentine in his presentation Press conference.

“I’d prefer not to talk about Juventus and what happened there. Claudio Ranieri was the one who agreed my signature, then I had no space in his team. The last year has been useful in gaining experience. I am motivated and have come here to show Juve they made a mistake by not putting more faith in me.”

Almiron was a big signing from Empoli at £7m in the summer of 2007, but made just nine appearances before he was sent out on loan to Monaco.

Now Fiorentina have snapped him up for one season at a cost of £400,000 with the option to buy up half his contract at the end of the term.

“I hope Florence will be similar to Empoli, a city where I was very happy. I need to feel the faith of the people, my teammates and the club to prove my worth. I am determined to show you all who I really am.”

In a curious twist, his Serie A debut in a Viola jersey could well be against Juventus, as they meet in Week 1. Would he celebrate if he scored against them?

“I don’t know, I might have to go back… Jokes aside, I think we can prove on the field that we are equal to Juve.”

It is reported Almiron will wear the Number 30 jersey.

Channel 4

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
there we go... f'ing circus
I mean, who the fuck does this to themselves? Who the fuck actually agrees to give a rival club like that one of our players knowing it's on the cheap and the player would ADORE to make us look like assholes? Fucking goddamn morons. Next thing you know we'll deal Tiago off to Inter so he can work with Jose.

I hope Almiron does make us look foolish. Pitiful bullshit with this management.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What sorry ass melodrama. Yeah make much sense to make Almiron look like a great player just because one want to conveniently vent about the board as usual. We gave them a fringe player who done squat but be decent with relegation battling team, not unique in any way, nor shown any such quality to make us scream doom and gloom for giving him to frigging Viola.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What sorry ass melodrama. Yeah make much sense to make Almiron look like a great player just because one want to conveniently vent about the board as usual. We gave them a fringe player who done squat but be decent with relegation battling team, not unique in any way, nor shown any such quality to make us scream doom and gloom for giving him to frigging Viola.
Yeah, laugh it off now Osman when you have a chance.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Well he never got a chance in juve so its hard to judge his potential. And I would still have prefered to loan him to Napoli or Sampdoria. Especially since we more or less gave him for free this season. So I dont think this is a good move. And he would have gotten more chances to prove himself at Napoli or Samp than at Fiorentina, if we wanted to sell him next season.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
watch as this guy destroys us when we play the purple fags.
:lol:

I mean, who the fuck does this to themselves? Who the fuck actually agrees to give a rival club like that one of our players knowing it's on the cheap and the player would ADORE to make us look like assholes? Fucking goddamn morons. Next thing you know we'll deal Tiago off to Inter so he can work with Jose.

I hope Almiron does make us look foolish. Pitiful bullshit with this management.
the portugese connection?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Well i agree loan out Almiron is the best option for now
As there no teams interested to buy him
Since he's not play well in Monaco too so there is no other teams interested to pay such value and wages for him
I think Almiron will fit in Fiorentina system since Prandelli need Liverani replacement and Almiron has some characteristic
Also Almiron play well against Fiorentina last season in Firenze so may be Prandelli interested in him

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
this is the best to do is to give him a chance to show what he can do with another team maybe he can be back if he impress with his form

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Almiron is a typically F. O 'Neil case, a hero in a Lecce/Empoli type of team,
a zero in Juve type of team. Fiorentina is somewhere in middle and they might use him as a CM, not as a DM as we tried to use him, he might actually have a chance there, but that doesnt mean that he will be as good, if he comes back again...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
thinking of it positively
if he does have a good season we could sell all of him for more than peanuts and buy a better player. Or is a trade a possibility?? if so i still want grosso!
gimme gimme gimme

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
He'll probably do well in Fiorentina and we'll probably sell half his contrat at the end of the season. We have enough central midfielders this season and it would be a waste to keep him on the team.

I am completely with the loaning of Almiron as it seems like the most reasonable thing to do but why the fuck did we loan him to La Viola of all teams? They are a huge threat and are one of the teams that could very easilly challenge for the scudetto. The last thing we need is to strengthen rival teams.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
Well he never got a chance in juve so its hard to judge his potential. And I would still have prefered to loan him to Napoli or Sampdoria. Especially since we more or less gave him for free this season. So I dont think this is a good move. And he would have gotten more chances to prove himself at Napoli or Samp than at Fiorentina, if we wanted to sell him next season.
yup , that part is true , but the couple of times he did get the chance to play all i saw was this scenario , he would enter the pitch and just walk around the center of the field, he gets the ball passes it and remains standing in the same place , it was like he doesn't want to run or i don't know what, all i know is that when i see him walking like that on the pitch being lazy as hell i get this urge to take a baseball bat and break every single bone in his body

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)