Sergio Almiron (29 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
They didnt pay a dime in fee for loaning him as its usually costume (so Fiorentina arent in no position to demand to not pay it fully). We didnt sell or loan out Almiron to other clubs because they couldnt afford his wages (if they could, we wouldnt have loaned to a direct rival of ours, was our only option). Rest assured, Viola must be paying his FULL wages. T

hats the weight they wanted off our back, they couldnt get rid of him, so they wanted at the least not pay his substantial wage for a season. And as said, if it was just partial salary they were paying, we could have loaned him to others instead of a directly competitive rival of ours.

P.S Veron while was in Inter in loan was being paid almost the full salary by Chelsea still, to a lesser but similar degree was the case with Crespo too.

Buy on AliExpress.com

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Nowhere, but logically we wouldn't have loaned him to a direct rival (which isn't a financially poor team) if they didn't accept to pay 100% of his wages.
We'd have loaned him to River Plate or some other team outside Italy, i guess.

And yes, Rebel, there are many cases when even though a team loans one of its players, they still pay part of his wages.
as his agent pointed out before, the likes of river plate cannot afford his wages. I guess fiorentina was the only possibility really, and maybe napoli. Very difficult to place him anywhere outside italy, and inside italy, there are only a few who can afford him really. I'd say Fiorentina, Napoli, Palermo, and the likes... So i guess fiorentina were the only ones who offered us half a million for the loan. It's not that bad in the end... And i don't think we'll have given them that player who can make them finish on top of us. Almiron will be benched there, and he'll play a minor role. So far, we'll have saved us his salary.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Lol, i know. Hopefully this time i'm right and Fiorentina are paying everything, but after i checked the numbers i'm not so sure if Fiorentina pays for everything.

Almiron's wages are 1.7m eur so there is indeed a possibility that Fiorentina aren't paying 100%.
I'm saying this because the highest earners in Fiorentina, Mutu and Frey, earn less than 1.7m eur.
Then again, teams do this sometimes and they offer higher wages to the players who are there on loan (Lazio did it with Bianchi last season) because they are there only for a year and they pay nothing to the clubs that own them.

I know that Almiron was close to River but the deal failed because River couldn't afford his wages. Since he went to Fiorentina i guess they didn't have this problem, but it's yet to be seen.
see thats where the problem lies for me; if Almiron in any shape or form helps viola get a CL spot ahead of us we d pay more than his yearly wages to reverse that. the strength of the deal for fiorentina is they neither commit to a player nor pay his transfer fee, a player with lots of serie A experience. I just dont see any gain for us in all of this.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
see thats where the problem lies for me; if Almiron in any shape or form helps viola get a CL spot ahead of us we d pay more than his yearly wages to reverse that. the strength of the deal for fiorentina is they neither commit to a player nor pay his transfer fee, a player with lots of serie A experience. I just dont see any gain for us in all of this.
Agreed on all counts.

its ok, almiron sucks so no worries
He did not suck at Empoli. Far from it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, exactly. Just like Del Piero, Zambrotta, and all the other players that come from lower teams. :wth:
you're missing my point, those players that you mentioned proved that they can play on the big team, on the big stage at the highest level. although almiron had one injury-plagued year with us (which i know is an unfair assessment), he did not prove a thing.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
you're missing my point, those players that you mentioned proved that they can play on the big team, on the big stage at the highest level. although almiron had one injury-plagued year with us (which i know is an unfair assessment), he did not prove a thing.
But Almiron proved he's a good player in Serie A from two good seasons at Empoli. We can only speculate as to why he didn't succeed at Juventus; it's either because he "choked" or because of the manager, or 1500 other possibilities.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
like i said, its unfair but no matter what the circumstances were the bottom line is that he bombed at juve last year

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lets get this straight, Almiron was never a star.
Almiron is a guy who played 1 1/2 SOLID seasons for Empoli. Almiron is also a player that never impressed anyone else from the big clubs apart from Secco, so he payed 9m eur to get him.
Even if Almiron gets back his form from his Empoli days he'll only be just another player in a big club, he'll never be a difference maker.

So, these were our options with him this summer :

1. Try to sell him and get back part of the money we payed for him.
- None of the big clubs were interested to buy him
- Those who were interested to buy him offered much lower wages than the 1.7m he earns in Juventus
- Almiron has absolutely no intention to take a huge pay-cut and leave Juve

2. Keep him
- hope that he'll be much much better than last year and pay 3.4m eur (including taxes) for his wages
- pay him the wages even if he flops again and warms the bench all the time

3. Loan him
- Since the team that's loaning him is not paying 5,6,7 million eur for his transfer fee, they can allow to pay him the wages he earns in Juve.
- Only Fiorentina are prepared to take him on loan and pay him the wages (or bigger part of his wages)
- Juve don't have to pay 3.4m eur for him
- Risk that Almiron will suddenly become a difference maker and lead Fiorentina to a CL spot, with Juve ending up 5th in serie A
- Almiron plays a solid season and Fiorentina decides to pay Juve good money for 50% of Almiron's contract.
- Almiron flops again and we save ourselves 3.4m euro.

Our directors (probably) chose option #1 but since they couldn't sell him they chose option #3.
Time will tell if option #2 was the right thing to do.
Just for the record, in Secco's place i would have done the same thing and loan Almiron to whoever was prepared to take him.

Mar 3, 2008
Almiron is a guy who played 1 1/2 SOLID seasons for Empoli. Almiron is also a player that never impressed anyone else from the big clubs apart from Secco, so he payed 9m eur to get him.
Even if Almiron gets back his form from his Empoli days he'll only be just another player in a big club, he'll never be a difference maker.

- Those who were interested to buy him offered much lower wages than the 1.7m he earns in Juventus

2. Keep him
- hope that he'll be much much better than last year and pay 3.4m eur (including taxes) for his wages

3. Loan him
- Since the team that's loaning him is not paying 5,6,7 million eur for his transfer fee, they can allow to pay him the wages he earns in Juve.
- Only Fiorentina are prepared to take him on loan and pay him the wages (or bigger part of his wages)
- Risk that Almiron will suddenly become a difference maker and lead Fiorentina to a CL spot, with Juve ending up 5th in serie A
- Almiron plays a solid season and Fiorentina decides to pay Juve good money for 50% of Almiron's contract.

Our directors (probably) chose option #1 but since they couldn't sell him they chose option #3.
Just for the record, in Secco's place i would have done the same thing and loan Almiron to whoever was prepared to take him.

Very nice analysis, kudos.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

2. Keep him

3. Loan him
- Almiron flops again and we save ourselves 3.4m euro.

once again the issue at hand is giving a director competitor an edge, and an edge can be qualified in many ways. if they needed a player like him, we spared them the transfer and other financial restrain to possibly do other thing or at least be in better financial state. Loaning to viola at this point is just ridiculous. Keeping him would have been the better option by far.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
once again the issue at hand is giving a director competitor an edge, and an edge can be qualified in many ways. if they needed a player like him, we spared them the transfer and other financial restrain to possibly do other thing or at least be in better financial state. Loaning to viola at this point is just ridiculous. Keeping him would have been the better option by far.
Yes, i know, this could very well be the case and time will prove what would have been the best option.
For now we can only analyze and make a prediction.

Analyzing the situation, predicting what will happen in the future and make a choice was exactly what people in Fiorentina and Juve did. The guys from Firenze made a decision to get Almiron because he can help, while our guys decided that it's ok to loan Almiron because he won't be of much help to Fiorentina, while he'll save us 3.4m euro at the same time.

But you have to admit that we had a small advantage because Almiron was actually a Juve player and Ranieri knows much more about Almiron's strenghts and weaknesses than the guys from Fiorentina.
If Ranieri, who knows what is Almiron capable of, gave a green light for this transfer, then you can't exclude the possibility of Almiron flopping in Fiorentina and cost them ~3.5m eur (with Juve saving the same money).

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Yes, i know, this could very well be the case and time will prove what would have been the best option.

Analyzing the situation, predicting what will happen in the future and make a choice was exactly what people in Fiorentina and Juve did. The guys from Firenze made a decision to get Almiron because he can help, while our guys decided that it's ok to loan Almiron because he won't be of much help to Fiorentina, while he'll save us 3.4m euro at the same time.

But you have to admit that we had a small advantage because Almiron was actually a Juve player and Ranieri knows much more about Almiron's strenghts and weaknesses than the guys from Fiorentina.
If Ranieri, who knows what is Almiron capable of, gave a green light for this transfer, then you can't exclude the possibility of Almiron flopping in Fiorentina and cost them ~3.5m eur (with Juve saving the same money).
Fiorentina cant compete with us financially, even in our present state. Let them buy someone thus further weakening them financially as opposed to handing em one who might or might not work. Business-wise though it might seem to make sense now, in the long haul it doesnt.

Mar 3, 2008

Well can't we just loan him to a mid team( Napoli, Sampdoria,...) and pay half of his wages?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
There is also another thing needed to point out.
Napoli and Olympiakos would gladly accept Almiron in their ranks as a loaned player with the rights to buy, esp if we were about to pay half of his salary,
BUT the chances of them buying him in the end and rid of us for good, while returning a decent amount, were highly unlikely.
Fiorentina has the necessary funds to make the buy in the end.
But i doubt that they will buy him in the end, since they have better options and Almiron will have limited chances to shine there too, this will be another frustrating outcome, as any Fiorentina related transfer...
They were probably the wealthiest team interested on him and we have a tradition since Secco took over to help them as we can to strengthen their team, like they are not our direct competitors in the league!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)