Sergio Almiron (3 Viewers)

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Are you serious? Zanetti was one of our best players during the previous season, despite his injuries. He was brilliant with Roma and underrated with Inter, in my opinion. And Nocerino is one of the most promising talents in the Italian football, the kid is a true fighter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
let's not fail to see the point. You want to rely on them for next year ? Forget it. I like palladino but ain't stupid enough to say 'give him a starter'.
I think you're failing to see the point here. Zanetti was our best central midfielder by far last season, he was a starter for Roma years back and started on occasion for Intermerda. Now everybody knows that players can only perform at 50% of their potential on that team, so throw out any opinions that consist of his stint there. Zanetti is perfectly capable of sitting in front of the defense and winning balls as long as he has talented players around him to give the ball to.

Nocerino was Piacenza's best player and we shouldn't just throw him away... we should work him into the squad periodically as he has the talent. It would be fairly stupid to waste money on somebody such as Alou Diarra or Mavuba when we have players who can take the role in a season or two. Zanetti is good enough for now.

pavelnedved

official nedved copy
Jul 15, 2006
so loan out = throw away ? if it is then i'd be glad to throw him away. i'm just worried if zanetti's injured (hypothetically but i have my reasons). dm is a crucial position as the whole game depends on it.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I think you're failing to see the point here. Zanetti was our best central midfielder by far last season, he was a starter for Roma years back and started on occasion for Intermerda. Now everybody knows that players can only perform at 50% of their potential on that team, so throw out any opinions that consist of his stint there. Zanetti is perfectly capable of sitting in front of the defense and winning balls as long as he has talented players around him to give the ball to.

Nocerino was Piacenza's best player and we shouldn't just throw him away... we should work him into the squad periodically as he has the talent. It would be fairly stupid to waste money on somebody such as Alou Diarra or Mavuba when we have players who can take the role in a season or two. Zanetti is good enough for now.
Couldn't agree more

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
so loan out = throw away ? if it is then i'd be glad to throw him away. i'm just worried if zanetti's injured (hypothetically but i have my reasons). dm is a crucial position as the whole game depends on it.
How many players have we loaned out and have come back to be a solid player for us since 2000? That's right, none. We have been loaning out talents for years and all of them are ruined by this ridiculous system that is in actuality bad for football.

But I guess years of repetitive failures doesn't instil a sense of things not working to some people.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Zanetti has alwasys been solid by my books, wherever he played he played quit consistantly, even at Inter.

I haven't seen too much of Nocerino lately, and don't know whether we'll use Tiago as DM or not. Zanetti is capable to sit back, but his positioning isn't the best, or isn't great. He's most effective when marking the oposing team's playmaker.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
How many players have we loaned out and have come back to be a solid player for us since 2000? That's right, none. We have been loaning out talents for years and all of them are ruined by this ridiculous system that is in actuality bad for football.

But I guess years of repetitive failures doesn't instil a sense of things not working to some people.
While I do get your point, Chiellini is one.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
anyone know if Almiron has an EU passport ??
it doesnt matter if he has an EU passport, because we signed him from an Italian club he will not use up a non-eu place.

this is why we "signed" Mutu from Livorno and not Chelsea because they had a free EU spot and we did not, so we could only sign him from another italian team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)