Sergio Almiron (2 Viewers)

Soldatino

I'm reading reports that we bought Almiron for 9mill without any co-ownership etc. Anyone knows anything about this?

Antonio1

Juve's Messi
Oct 3, 2004
Can anyone give an objective opinion on this guy?? Has he got what it takes?? Or was he a one season wonder? Or is he even that good??

He seems to be a mystery to most Juve fans so just curious to see if anyone has seen enough of him to make a good judgement on his abilities.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Can anyone give an objective opinion on this guy?? Has he got what it takes?? Or was he a one season wonder? Or is he even that good??

He seems to be a mystery to most Juve fans so just curious to see if anyone has seen enough of him to make a good judgement on his abilities.
Almiron has played two very strong and consistent seasons for Empoli, so he's not a one season wonder. The player certainly has the passing skills to play for Juventus considering the players we have recently had in the team... Sergio is a far better passer than the likes of Blasi, Zanetti and Emerson and probably Vieira as well. So in that facet of the game he certainly has what it takes.

However, his ball winning capabilities are a little suspect to me. But if we also have Zanetti/Nocerino and Tiago in midfield, I don't think that will be a problem.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Almiron has played two very strong and consistent seasons for Empoli, so he's not a one season wonder. The player certainly has the passing skills to play for Juventus considering the players we have recently had in the team... Sergio is a far better passer than the likes of Blasi, Zanetti and Emerson and probably Vieira as well. So in that facet of the game he certainly has what it takes.

However, his ball winning capabilities are a little suspect to me. But if we also have Zanetti/Nocerino and Tiago in midfield, I don't think that will be a problem.
What I like about the midfielders we have is their compatibility. Winning balls, passing, log shots and overall work in the middle of the pitch. With all the qualities they have I am not sure we need a playmaker actually.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What I like about the midfielders we have is their compatibility. Winning balls, passing, log shots and overall work in the middle of the pitch. With all the qualities they have I am not sure we need a playmaker actually.
We shall see how well they mesh together, but we certainly do have a multi-faceted midfield now. As everybody knows, I abhor midfields that consist of two central players that are absolutely identical to one another... especially if they're defensive midfielders. In today's game things are not so simple and we need a nice array of weapons to crack the toughest defenses.

In my opinion, a midfield such as Tiago - Nocerino - Almiron in a couple seasons (and perhaps with a little luck) could be the most complete midfield in Europe. It really reminds me of something such as a Gerrard - Mascherano - Xabi Alonso midfield which is in all honesty the most complete midfield in the game right now.

Considering the midfields that have competed in the CL finals over the years, it's fairly obvious what makes those teams so special.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Giovinco is already loaned. I think it is fine to loan him for one year, he'll get more playing time there. I just hope he doesn't end up being loaned every season.
It will end up being loaned for every season, or to co owned by a serie B club for 1.138 Million after he gets out of form for changing clubs every year. :sigh:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
c'mon Snoop dont be so -ve...hopefully there will be a smooth transition from Nedved to Giovinco...:)
It is Juve's tradition to screw it's youngsters. I can't think in any positive way about him. there is no point of loaning him out, he is not a teenager, he is ready to make the bench at least!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We shall see how well they mesh together, but we certainly do have a multi-faceted midfield now. As everybody knows, I abhor midfields that consist of two central players that are absolutely identical to one another... especially if they're defensive midfielders. In today's game things are not so simple and we need a nice array of weapons to crack the toughest defenses.

In my opinion, a midfield such as Tiago - Nocerino - Almiron in a couple seasons (and perhaps with a little luck) could be the most complete midfield in Europe. It really reminds me of something such as a Gerrard - Mascherano - Xabi Alonso midfield which is in all honesty the most complete midfield in the game right now.

Considering the midfields that have competed in the CL finals over the years, it's fairly obvious what makes those teams so special.
Same can be said about Milan's midfield that won the CL lately. Kaka was not playing as a midfielder (playmaker) he was most of the time a support forward. Gattusso, Pirlo, Seedorf also offer various dimensions and solutions in the middle.

tonykart

Feb 16, 2007
Milan has the best Midfield in the world. It takes a very optimistic person to think that Tiago, Almiron, and Nocerino would ever be that complete. Pirlo is a far better passer and defender than any three DM's on our roster. Gattuso is the best DM in the world, and Seedorf, Ambrosini and soon to be Emerson will just add so many amazing options for a Milan team who will dominate us if we think we are going to start Almiron and Tiago in the same midfield. Central midfielders need to win balls and work hard, not make sweet passes. I wouldn't classify anyone of our midfielders except the pimple faced youngster, Nocerino (who has never seen top flight action). Tiago is a good option because he is a hard worker who is smart, but Almiron is a poor mans version of him. We needed a ball winner in the midfield. Hell I would have taken Sissoko next to Tiago. The retard would have been more useful to us IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)