Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't need to be spending upwards of 45 million and an annual salary of 7.5 million on Aguero, either. Keep in mind, I don't want Aguero, Rossi, or Dzeko this year. There are still greater needs. But Dzeko is more of a hybrid type of striker than a straight up target man, and he could be had for pennies on the dollar. Possibly
Unlikely, buddy.

Technically we didn't need Vidal either.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
This thread is heavy on the heart of us fans. Will he come or not???
I think we have a deal with ATM or we are close to, but his agents and his salary are issues we can't address. Aguero is not stupid imho, he would choose the wiser decision and now with Vidal we have shown ambition. There are also the never-ending rumors that City will be banned from UEFA :evil: , today Bayern Munich financial director spoke about that and Wenger did the same a week ago. I am not sure Aguero would be thrilled to lose european football, regardless of his (teams) performance.
That is why I still believe that a smart player would choose us.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
We offloaded Aquilani ( his salary was 3.2m? ) and Melo ( 2.something) .. We can afford him that's not the issue here.

There are also the never-ending rumors that City will be banned from UEFA , today Bayern Munich financial director spoke about that and Wenger did the same a week ago. I am not sure Aguero would be thrilled to lose european football, regardless of his (teams) performance.
That is why I still believe that a smart player would choose us.
Yeah I read about that ! I don't think Platini will let them get away with it. Their owner struck a stadium sponsorship deal WITH HIMSELF for 400m to break the UEFA rules, that won't fly with them :/

unfortunately they can get away with it in this transfer window :(

Apr 29, 2006
Did we offload Melo?! And that is not the issue - we can afford his salary, but the difference between him and the next guy in the team would be huge. That is not working well for the mentality in the group. He has to win every game for us out there and the pressure from within the team would be even greater. If he lowers his salary to the 5.5 mils range - its a great deal and the 40 or so mils given to ATM won't be an issue. Its also imperative the he doesn't see us just as another step, but the last and best in his career.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
Did we offload Melo?! And that is not the issue - we can afford his salary, but the difference between him and the next guy in the team would be huge. That is not working well for the mentality in the group. He has to win every game for us out there and the pressure from within the team would be even greater. If he lowers his salary to the 5.5 mils range - its a great deal and the 40 or so mils given to ATM won't be an issue. Its also imperative the he doesn't see us just as another step, but the last and best in his career.
Valid points. How much are City offering him ? At least let's offer him a lil more than that :p ? sigh it's unlikely anyway.

Apr 29, 2006
We offloaded Aquilani ( his salary was 3.2m? ) and Melo ( 2.something) .. We can afford him that's not the issue here.

Yeah I read about that ! I don't think Platini will let them get away with it. Their owner struck a stadium sponsorship deal WITH HIMSELF for 400m to break the UEFA rules, that won't fly with them :/

unfortunately they can get away with it in this transfer window :(
If they let them get away with it - thats it, we can safely assume there is no FFP in reality. So platini wouldn't be entertaining the idea nor will the FA i think. The problem with this whole scenario is that will wreck havoc in the transfer market - and prices would go down in an instant. So our 35-40 mils spend on Aguero might get us Dzeko and Balotelli... Perhaps even Kompany with them. That is why Inter is trying to get Tevez on loan, if they get banned from europe they would sign him for pennies and have the right to close the deal by the next season's end.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We also brought in Pazienza, Vidal, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, and Ziegler. Each of them are earning a pretty penny.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, if you're thinking Marotta is offloading players to give Aguero a better wage.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
If we dont get aguero and another winger like Vargas we could forget the CL next year. Everyone around us is improving Roma, Lazio, Milan will improve. So we either pay big and get real talent or u stay mediocre.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We also brought in Pazienza, Vidal, Pirlo, Lichtsteiner, and Ziegler. Each of them are earning a pretty penny.

I wouldn't get your hopes up, if you're thinking Marotta is offloading players to give Aguero a better wage.
Yup, at this moment we're paying higher wages than 3 months ago.

Pirlo 4 m - Aquilani 3.3
Melo 2.6 - Vidal reports are between 2.5 and 3
Marchisio 2.5 - last season he was on 1 million
Brazzo 2 - Licht more or less the same
Then there are Pazienza and Ziegler who should be around 2.5 together.
We're paying Amauri's wages for June and July.

But much will change till August 31st and I expect us to pay more or less the same wages we were paying last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)