Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It would make some sense if Aguero wasn't (apparently) going to be our major signing, but 4-3-3 with Aguero doesn't make any sense.
Aguero would simply have a free-role up top and whomever is the left-back would have to fill the space. It would be a disjointed 4-3-3, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Aguero will travel wherever he wants while leading the attack anyway.

But it will indeed be the Conte 4-4-2 and I have no clue how it's going to turn out. I'd love to see it work while we wow the crowd with attacking football.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Aguero would simply have a free-role up top and whomever is the left-back would have to fill the space. It would be a disjointed 4-3-3, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Aguero will travel wherever he wants while leading the attack anyway.

But it will indeed be the Conte 4-4-2 and I have no clue how it's going to turn out. I'd love to see it work while we wow the crowd with attacking football.
I see how 4-3-3 with Aguero could work, but if we were planning on playing 4-3-3 we would sign someone other than Aguero IMO.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

If you guys have a lot of movement the 4 - 4 - 2 would be fine with Aguero leading the attack, but if it's the same old stagnant bullshit just pushed further up the pitch it's going to be a fucked fest.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You could be right. I hope Sorensen is this year's Knezevic/ Rinaudo though.
I'm thinking he will be loaned out in some co-ownership deal like usual.

It's a stupid thing to do IMO, but I see our four CBs being Chiellini, Bonucci, Barzagli, and another player on a Bosman or loan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I see how 4-3-3 with Aguero could work, but if we were planning on playing 4-3-3 we would sign someone other than Aguero IMO.
There's no question we are going with the 4-4-2. And it had better work with Pirlo.

But I just don't understand the Italian mindset of it HAS to be this system or bust. It's dumb.

Jul 1, 2010
Buffon
Lichtsteiner-Bonucci-Chiellini-Ziegler
Krasic-Melo-Pirlo-Honda
Matri-Aguero​

It could work, but I still think Pirlo needs to be played in a three men midfield. And yes, I believe Honda can play on the wing, in Nedved's position.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If you guys have a lot of movement the 4 - 4 - 2 would be fine with Aguero leading the attack, but if it's the same old stagnant bullshit just push further up the pitch it's going to be a fucked fest.
It depends who we have out left, of course. I guess having Pirlo pull the strings will also open up some more opportunities, but you're damn right, these players need to have the freedom to interchange.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
There's no question we are going with the 4-4-2. And it had better work with Pirlo.

But I just don't understand the Italian mindset of it HAS to be this system or bust. It's dumb.
What I'd like to see this season is a willingness to change the formation if it isn't working or to counter certain opposition.

The fact we have Pirlo and haven't been linked to left wingers kind of makes me think Marchisio could be left-ish in midfield again. I hope not though.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
What I'd like to see this season is a willingness to change the formation if it isn't working or to counter certain opposition.

The fact we have Pirlo and haven't been linked to left wingers kind of makes me think Marchisio could be left-ish in midfield again. I hope not though.
There really aren't many great left wingers available these days.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

That would simply destroy the effectiveness of the 4-4-2 again. Judging by how Conte wants wingers who can cut inside, I don't think he'll use Marchisio out there. But then again, these Italian managers seem to follow Lippi around like puppies, and he was the one to start this Marchisio out left bullshit.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)