Sergio Agüero - ST - Atletico Madrid (40 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I think your incorrect sky is owned by ruppert murdoch sky/fox
:agree: ... but for conspiracy's sake, I hear Silvio and Ruppert are very good buddies :D

Remember when Galliani was lying how he was in some sea resort in Italy while everyone knew that he's in Madrid, selling Kaka. Later he had no escape and he admitted that he lied :lol: :lol:

I sure hope Marotta does the same. He tells everyone he'll be in Milano to sell players, while he quietly lands in Madrid. But with Marotta it will probably be the opposite. He'll say that he's flying to Madrid to buy Aguero but he'll go to Milano to sell Grosso.
Marotta has stricken me as a rather open and honest guy for someone in his line of business ... way too chatty, almost naive ... would surprise me a lot if he pulls a Galliani or a Moggi in this one :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It is the same.

Berlusconi/Mediaset don't have any stake in SKY Italia, I don't think.
I'm sure they do. I was interviewing last week at a company called Current TV, which is partly owned by Al Gore. They have offices in SF, LA, NY -- but also London, Milan, and Rome. Their carrier in the UK is Sky. Their carrier in Italy used to be Sky. But then Current TV went from democratized journalism as a business model to one with a stringent liberal bent with Keith Olbermann's new TV show, etc. In response, Berlusconi had them dropped from Sky, given how much he disagrees with the politics of the network now and how much ownership he has in Sky, and Current TV no longer has a network carrier in Italy.

At least that's the info I have from Current TV.

Plop

May 27, 2011
Marotta stupid. He thinks that selling groso and the others ass holes is more importent that getting Aguero.

if tomorrow ill hear that he aint in madrid we can close the thread, we wont get Aguero.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I'm sure they do. I was interviewing last week at a company called Current TV, which is partly owned by Al Gore. They have offices in SF, LA, NY -- but also London, Milan, and Rome. Their carrier in the UK is Sky. Their carrier in Italy used to be Sky. But then Current TV went from democratized journalism as a business model to one with a stringent liberal bent with Keith Olbermann's new TV show, etc. In response, Berlusconi had them dropped from Sky, given how much he disagrees with the politics of the network now and how much ownership he has in Sky, and Current TV no longer has a network carrier in Italy.

At least that's the info I have from Current TV.
How do you mean that Berlusconi had them dropped?

A liberal show being ditched by a Murdoch network certainly wouldn't come as a surprise, given Murdoch's general support for the Right. Berlusconi may have used his influence, but I can't find anything suggesting SKY Italia isn't entirely owned by News Corp..

In fact, a brief google search is throwing up various disputes disputes between Mediaset and SKY Italia over the years.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How do you mean that Berlusconi had them dropped?

A liberal show being ditched by a Murdoch network certainly wouldn't come as a surprise, given Murdoch's general support for the Right. Berlusconi may have used his influence, but I can't find anything suggesting SKY Italia isn't entirely owned by News Corp..

In fact, a brief google search is throwing up various disputes disputes between Mediaset and SKY Italia over the years.
They clearly mentioned MediaSet behind the decision, not News Corp.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
But weird... the TV network kept telling me MediaSet, but clearly even Al Gore is pointing a finger at News Corp only:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/may/19/al-gore-rupert-mudoch-news-corp

It would be odd to believe that those people would be that clueless. After all, Fox is well-known in the U.S. whereas MediaSet is not. Reading the article, if anything it sounds like MediaSet would be an alternative to air the network instead of Fox.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
But weird... the TV network kept telling me MediaSet, but clearly even Al Gore is pointing a finger at News Corp only:

It would be odd to believe that those people would be that clueless. After all, Fox is well-known in the U.S. whereas MediaSet is not. Reading the article, if anything it sounds like MediaSet would be an alternative to air the network instead of Fox.
Fuck knows, then.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

So, is that a 'Yay' for Silvio then - Silvio, good .... Ruppert, bad :D

I'd think that for many people on this side of the ocean, including journalists, Mediaset and Sky Italia sound equally ... Italian :p ... and maybe they just confused one for the other :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)