Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (36 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If we were really that interested, we'd have bought him by now

We're not competing with Milan for him. Stupid to think so.
Where did I say that we were competing with Milan?

Juve's interest seems to have died off, same as Golovin. That's a shame since we could really do with a world class midfielder, and it surprises me that we ignore this part of the team for three years running (or slightly patch it)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Where did I say that we were competing with Milan?

Juve's interest seems to have died off, same as Golovin. That's a shame since we could really do with a world class midfielder, and it surprises me that we ignore this part of the team for three years running (or slightly patch it)
He'd be a great addition for us however he ain't some generational talent to lose sleep over. If he accepted to join Milan(which I doubt), then that speaks about his ambitions as as a player.

We might as well try again for him next year but I won't be upset if we lose out on him especially since Lotito's demands are batshit insane. Thankfully we dint bite.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't think we'll spend big on a CM until we switch to a 4-3-3 which may not happen for a long time considering Dybala/Ronaldo.

SMS would be wasted in a 4-4-2. I actually don't even think he would make a big difference at all in this system. All his talent lies in being a pseudo-striker and playing as high as he wants.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I don't think we'll spend big on a CM until we switch to a 4-3-3 which may not happen for a long time considering Dybala/Ronaldo.

SMS would be wasted in a 4-4-2. I actually don't even think he would make a big difference at all in this system. All his talent lies in being a pseudo-striker and playing as high as he wants.
He would fit in any system we play. He can drible any player and he would create space for other players. None of our 6 midfielders can drible like Savic does. He can drible, he can shoot, he can score, he can tackle. So he has it all. It sucks we cant afford him.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
He would fit in any system we play. He can drible any player and he would create space for other players. None of our 6 midfielders can drible like Savic does. He can drible, he can shoot, he can score, he can tackle. So he has it all. It sucks we cant afford him.
He would fit in a way that Pjanic fits. Where it's not perfect. Perfect fit would be Saul who can run faster and for longer than SMS.

To play CM in this 4-4-2 is not easy. The more you can run and the quicker you are, the better. That's not exactly his strong suit. Also it's a big waste to have a 120M holding mid. He would have no freedom to be in the box as much as with Lazio.

We saw the same plight with Pogba at Man U. These players need to play almost like #10s.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
He would fit in a way that Pjanic fits. Where it's not perfect. Perfect fit would be Saul who can run faster and for longer than SMS.

To play CM in this 4-4-2 is not easy. The more you can run and the quicker you are, the better. That's not exactly his strong suit. Also it's a big waste to have a 120M holding mid. He would have no freedom to be in the box as much as with Lazio.

We saw the same plight with Pogba at Man U. These players need to play almost like #10s.
:agree:

Saul would be the dream signing.

SMS suits the holding mid role in a 2 man mid less than Pjanic. Dude plays basically as a CAM for Lazio with no defensive responsibility. There's a reason Lazio was the worst defensive team by far in the upper half of the table last year. Obviously not SMS alone, but too many players who only contributed going forward. SMS being one of them. Doesn't tackle, block, clear, intercept much. Fouls quite a bit.

However, the question for me isn't whether SMS fits the 2 man mid or not... its whether adding him and playing 4-3-3 is a better option than playing this 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 or not. Play Dybala in the Benzema role, and Ronaldo+Costa as the wingers. But perhaps that is what we shall see at times this year if the Bernadeschi as a midfielder experiment goes forward.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
I think its media bs. They signed Bakayoko and Halilovic in this window without letting any midfielder go. They don't need him.

Still would be ugly to see him in their shirt.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
:agree:

Saul would be the dream signing.

SMS suits the holding mid role in a 2 man mid less than Pjanic. Dude plays basically as a CAM for Lazio with no defensive responsibility. There's a reason Lazio was the worst defensive team by far in the upper half of the table last year. Obviously not SMS alone, but too many players who only contributed going forward. SMS being one of them. Doesn't tackle, block, clear, intercept much. Fouls quite a bit.

However, the question for me isn't whether SMS fits the 2 man mid or not... its whether adding him and playing 4-3-3 is a better option than playing this 4-4-2/4-2-3-1 or not. Play Dybala in the Benzema role, and Ronaldo+Costa as the wingers. But perhaps that is what we shall see at times this year if the Bernadeschi as a midfielder experiment goes forward.
This is the exact setup I thought we were going for when we were linked to him. Even before Ronaldo I thought his ideal fit was in a 4-3-3 with Dybala as a CF like Immobile and then SMS playing as a second striker type. Predominantly used to bring down high balls. And basically complete freedom to run beside the CF.

This is undoubtedly his best application IMO.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
This is the exact setup I thought we were going for when we were linked to him. Even before Ronaldo I thought his ideal fit was in a 4-3-3 with Dybala as a CF like Immobile and then SMS playing as a second striker type. Predominantly used to bring down high balls. And basically complete freedom to run beside the CF.

This is undoubtedly his best application IMO.
:tup:

- - - Updated - - -

GDM and sky say no negotiations with Lazio ongoing... :shifty:

Mar 3, 2014
So Lazio wanted 120m all summer and now he goes to Milan for 40m loan? Why would Lazio agree to this?
because it's a massive loan fee. If the option to buy is for 80M, that's the 120M. If they do not take up that option, they still have an asset that they could potentially sell, or retain and have play for them. A year of annual depreciation on Milan purchase for 120M would be 24M. They're paying nearly double that on a loan. It's a huge overpayment.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017

You’re assuming we’ll play only 4-2-3-1/4-4-2.
Knowing Max, he try about 100 formations. I wont rule out formations with 3 midfielders. I personally prefer 4-2-3-1 with current player.

We often play 4-3-3 and 3-5-2/3-4-2-1. If Max wants to play with 3 midfielders then SMS is best gamble. Just because Pogba “failed” playing in a 2 man midfield doesnt mean SMS will follow same path.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Italian media trying to hype Milano trannies as much as possible (especially AC Meelan as if it's some epic Mecca of Football) and it needs to be resurrected at all costs.
Hype up Roma, you dumb fucks, that's where the future is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)