Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - M C - Lazio (26 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Another way of looking at this is that the more high quality players play in Saudi, the better quality the league will eventually become.

I don’t personally agree with that since the quality of local players is absolutely horrendous, but that is the argument the pro-Saudi transfer camp will use.

Saudi will be hosting the 2027 Asia Cup for the time first time. They will likely end up hosting a WC soon afterwards and that would be further testament to where the game is heading. Frankly, I won’t he surprised if more Middle Eastern leagues end up poaching players for crazy sums.

Football needs to adept salary caps on players NFL style. That might be the only way to contain this. Or just revamp the transfer model where you can only ‘buy’ players if their contract runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
Jul 13, 2010
Another way of looking at this is that the more high quality players play in Saudi, the better quality the league will eventually become.

I don’t personally agree with that since the quality of local players is absolutely horrendous, but that is the argument the pro-Saudi transfer camp will use.

Saudi will be hosting the 2027 Asia Cup for the time first time. They will likely end up hosting a WC soon afterwards and that would be further testament to where the game is heading. Frankly, I won’t he surprised if more Middle Eastern leagues end up poaching players for crazy sums.

Football needs to adept salary caps on players NFL style. That might be the only way to contain this. Or just revamp the transfer model where you can only ‘buy’ players if their contract runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh for sure. With every new high-profile arrival they will use this more and more, and likely make more and more players go there. It is an investment - they will attract sponsors, sell broadcasting rights and so on.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Wow, can’t believe this unambitious guy has gone to Saudi after spending 8 years middle swimming at Lazio

Absolutely a bullet dodged if this was his mentality all along, not the kind of player who would have done well here clearly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)