sell del piero (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++
don't say that we aren't Juve Fans cause we defend him as i was supporting juve since season 02/03 and there was no Del Piero at that time. and don't think that i Don't like Baggio.I like him and i'll always like him. but you are being too harsh in your criticisim.
:eek: Since 1902/03? Wow you're old :D

I didn't say you're not Juve fans ;) But your endless love for DP blinds you :)

He scored the most goals this season
Yeah thanks to about 10 penalties :D Still credit to him for scoring many goals from open space this season (about as many as he scored in his previous 3/4 seasons).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

I didn't say you're not Juve fans ;) But your endless love for DP blinds you :)
No really, that is not!, at least for me!.

Del piero is not my fav player, but he is important for the team!, think that selling him could cauise more negative points than possitive.

Imagine the first reaction of the bianconeri in general, everyone thinking like "what?? what is happening here?.

And the pressure that the newcoer will have, being dp´s predecessor.

Jul 12, 2002
Selling DP is pointless and y'all know it. He is more valuable to the team on it, then his funds would give us...

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #106
    ++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
    Delpiero is our talisman and a legend you say you want to sell him now but next year when he pruduces his magic and goals you will then understand why this just isn't possible!

You people love him so much when he produces but when he don't you can't even stand by him...hence: BAD FANS! or as we say over here GLORY HUNTERS!

who dont like who paly good soccer?????
    why we like a palyer who dont paly good??
    we domt love palyers cuz they are good looking we love thim when they pruduces the good soccer

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #107

Well I've been waiting 4 years for him to re-produce that magic he showed us is the 97-98 season, but apart from half this season, he hasn't produced much.

I have no problem both criticizing and applauding DP whenever it's needed and deserved, can't see why others can't do the same or at least let us non-DP fans say so.

Someone asked who would replace DP? Miccoli for one, or even a purchase like Mutu, even though some might argue that they are not yet experienced enough for Juve.

mutu is good(and no one Born with experienc)
    dp was not had experienced enough for Juve when he start

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by hussain1982 ] ++

mutu is good(and no one Born with experienc)
    dp was not had experienced enough for Juve when he start
    yet he fitted in so well and won many titles in his first years with juve...

that's why he's adorred by most juve fans and is a champion.

his recent performances havn't been bad either..

OP

hussain1982

Aug 22, 2002
  • Thread Starter #109
    ++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
    I only knows that at the end........Juventus is 1000 times first than delpiero. No one is more important than that name.

thx,that what i say all the time

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!
    Lets get a lil perspective in here. Agreed hes not the same of 97-98, agreed, juve has remained juve selling both BAGGIO @:( AND ZIDANE :( , but if we just think back it was different then, there was far more quality available in the squad. We had a more talented midfield unlike the workmanlike midfield we have today. We had a stellar defence as it is today no doubt, but as regards the attack, we're only as fearsome because it forms up like this ... Neddy, Trezegol and AleX. Take away Neddy or Trezegol, u still feel uve got an outside chance with some1 to fill in next to Alex. Take away AleX, and u have an attack almost half as fearsome. Yea we missed Neddy in the final, but even if Camoranesi played just behind the two strikers, Alex wudve found a way, he just dint have ne1 supply him. And if it was Alex who missed the final we wudnt have had ne shots on goal!!!!!When we sold baggio, We had so much bloody talent, we got away with it. But now things are different. Not denying talent in the squad, but there's no doubt we're more of a team team, than one of talented individuals like madrid. And thats what sets us apart. But having said that, we've got to find the ideal balance of talent in the squad, and Dp is that balancing factor mentally and on the pitch. Which is why we need him. Juve is too used to him, it may not necessarily be a good thing, but if u look in the entire Serie A, i cant seem to think of a better captain. No, not even maldini matches up to DP when it comes to uplifting his team on the pitch. So lets all just sit back and take it easy ppl, coz u can call him overrated, u can call him cold feet for not bringing game on the big occasion, u can call him a loser for always being on the losing side on the big stage. Whichever way u look at it, he's the type of player ne team would love to have. He is masterclass!
    Forza Alex

NEDVED-11

Jun 4, 2003
    juventus need delpiero .. i wish juventus get baggio now .. he will be useful player .. not delpiero just not playing good in UEFA final ..
    del piero can give our team preference in majority matches .. he have magic leg ..

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by hussain1982 ] ++

nedved do what juve wont from nedved
    but dp dont do what juve wont from him

If you are juve's fan not any individual player'a as you keep claiming,then you wouldn't say that. It's not evrytimes that Nedved could do what Juve wants from him, the Man U. matches for example. The same in case of del Piero.

The point is both are important to juve, and both helped juve to win the scudetto as well as to be in the CL final.

We should be broad-minded enough to be fair to both, especially del piero . del piero did very good job in the early part of the season. No one talked about Nedved at that time. Then Nedved's form started to shine toward the later part of the season. Both contributed a lot for juve,and equally. Sad enough, people tend to have short memory, they forget what del piero had done early in the season, they can only remember Nedved's recent magnificient performances.

I don't care who's going to win in this discussion. All i know is Nedved and Alex del Piero are both deserved to be thnked for their effort and their contribution to Juve.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    Survivor of course no one can win in a discussion, cos most people will retain their original point of view, which is fair enough. I do say thank you to DP for the great start of the season (I even started calling him 'The King' cos of his performances) but just half a season being worth his name from 4 whol years is too little in my opinon.

survivor

Dec 29, 2002
    Survivor of course no one can win in a discussion, cos most people will retain their original point of view, which is fair enough. I do say thank you to DP for the great start of the season (I even started calling him 'The King' cos of his performances) but just half a season being worth his name from 4 whol years is too little in my opinon.

I respect your opinion Zizou.
    But for mine, I think his performance last year was not so bad and his in early this season was great. He is still 28 yrs old which I think with such age and such great talent and skill he has, he is still useful to Juve. And if he can regain his form back early this season, why can't he do it again.

Whisper

May 17, 2003
    baggio and survivor get my point xactly!! u wanna sell dp coz he had some disappointing preformances in the end of the season and ur comparing him to nedved though both r incomparable and both are equally importatnt to the team though dp's presence is very imp coz he's the captain and inspires leads his teammates better than any captain... that's y he's valuable to juve, not to mention his skill and talent... i can go on and on and on , and if he's really not of any use anymore, then the more experienced ppl at the club would have done so, but no, they didn't and wont for some time to come.... guess y??
    COZ DP IS THE SOUL OF THE TEAM AND IS INDISPENSIBLE...
    its not a debate of whose better, neddy or dp, but a matter of dp's importance to the team, and that's undeniable

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    I wonder why Great/Big clubs like Milan&Real Madrid&Manchester are interested in the service of our captain isn't he bad and not good enough for juventus will he be good for them nobody knows why do they want him may be their scouts are blind too with love for Del Piero.or may be they have some Money that they don't know how or where to spend it.

To End this Argument with you my friend Zizou i would like to say that i am not against Criticising Del Piero even if you are too harsh on him ( Del Piero Scored 32 Goals in the last 2 seasons in serie A Only is this bad for a support striker i guess not ) but I am agianst the Idea of Selling your Loyal Captain who is the heart and soul of your beloved team.and saying that he is not good enough for Juve.My point is Del Piero was Loyal to us all the time why can't we pay him back for his loyalty. Just like maldini who Never Played and will never play for any other club but milan.Milan can buy a better left back but they didn't and if they did one day. they will never try to sell their captain who will try to teach this new comer the aspects of the game and pass all his experience to him.and all i want for Del Piero is to be treated in the same way and manner and pay him back for his loyalty to Juve.Is this too much for our captain.we can buy mutu and let him play with Del Piero so that the latter can teach him and pass all his experience to him so when it's over for Del piero. Mutu then can take over his role.

From your posts I guess you are angry and have a bitter taste from the sale of Zidane and Baggio and you think that Del Piero took their place.But zidane is the one who wanted to leave.why do you want Del Piero to leave too.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
    No I`m not bitter at their sales (was just heart broken when Baggio was sold, but I was a little kid back then, and Baggio was my hero). I learnt not to attach myself too much to players since then, in fact nowadays, there isn't one single player that I'd mind or be sad that he was sold. I think this way of thinking let's me see players how they really are without being blinded by my admiration for them. When I used to adore certain players, I would be very subjective in my views, but nowadays I`m more objective. Not saying you ain't ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)