Sebastian Giovinco (12 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Thanks Jem for being one of the few with some basic sense and decency around here :)
The hate towards Giovinco is insane. I didn't like him or his performances these last few years, but he's a human being and like Jem says Juventus did not exactly treat him well.

That being said, I do have the impression that Giovinco never really put that much effort into his performances.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He possibly didnt, or just got too frustrated and gave up after certain point, but still, a one of our youth products who should have done more and gotten more out of this, and its generally an unfortunate outcome considering how promising it all started, to hate him and piss on him constantly is just retarded.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He possibly didnt, or just got too frustrated and gave up after certain point, but still, a one of our youth products who should have done more and gotten more out of this, and its generally an unfortunate outcome considering how promising it all started, to hate him and piss on him constantly is just retarded.
True. But I also disagree with people who said the loans killed his career. Sure, it's tough. It's tough for every young player out there. But Marchisio was loaned to Empoli at the same time. Perhaps it's because Giovinco was always the big star of that Empoli team that it became too much for him, I don't know.

Also, he was very poor for the national team throughout his career. Never played a good game for Italy IMO.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The hate towards Giovinco is insane. I didn't like him or his performances these last few years, but he's a human being and like Jem says Juventus did not exactly treat him well.

That being said, I do have the impression that Giovinco never really put that much effort into his performances.
I agree with the first part but not the second. If anything Gio looked too eager when he was playing. He also tracked back a lot and made some good tackles whenever he could. He just never fitted any of our systems and it is as simple as that. A player like Gio needs a team built around him or to suite his style of play for him to play well and sadly he isn't talent enough for us to do that. I always thought he was much be suited for a team like Arsenal or one of the spanish top teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)