Sebastian Giovinco (25 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Can you guys just for the moment show some respect? He has been in the team and done his bit. We just lifted the trophy. Now may not be the best time to rain on the parade.
Absolutely, Baggio. You'd think we had just finished 7th for the second consecutive season, with all the moaning in here. Jesus.

Guys, it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere at this point, why don't you just try to enjoy the Scudetto.

tyouto

catenaccio
Aug 8, 2011
In the begining of the season he said he want to score a lot of goal, more goal than his spell in parma, he doesn't want to be assist maker again. This is his most and biggest failure, he is trying to be CF/striker but he is not, he deluding himself (and conte). Soon conte realise, dropped his ass to the bench, then become shittier than ever. If only he realise his potential, maybe conte will stick to 4-3-3 and put him on the wing. Now he doesn't have place in our 3-5-2, he is too weak defensively if he placed on LWB or RWB, and too weak physically as CF/striker. Arrivederci giovinco.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I want to see him more out wide, he should be challenging the defenders and using his excellent foot to cross it for a guy like Llorente. Anyway, if he stays which I think he will since they'll give him more than one season he'll be a versatile option for Conte as reserve SS and a winger if we want to go that way.

- - - Updated - - -

what does giovinco offer on the flank, that a back into shape isla doesnt offer ?
Giovinco is an offensive player, Isla is a wingback. Giovinco is a much better dribbler.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
While i'm not quite a fan of giovinco, i think he should get a second season, unless we can get him in a deal for a player that directly suits out system, like jovetic

But tbh, he had a few wing games, and got bullied aside each time he wanted to take on defenders.

The best i saw him to, was burst into space, cut back, and do an early cross, down the right flank

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see him more out wide, he should be challenging the defenders and using his excellent foot to cross it for a guy like Llorente. Anyway, if he stays which I think he will since they'll give him more than one season he'll be a versatile option for Conte as reserve SS and a winger if we want to go that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Giovinco is an offensive player, Isla is a wingback. Giovinco is a much better dribbler.
Thats relative. His dribbeling skill is good, but he doesnt have the raw burst or strenght to get past players.

asamoah gets past his man alot more, cause he's simply strong.

Higuain, is MUCH better at beating 1 player based on bursting out of stand-still for example

Messi has MUCH higher burst, agility, direction-changing, skill and is surprisingly strong for his height. He also has a del piero'esque ball controll so its very hard to tackle the ball

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

He should be given the freedom to roam to the wings imo.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I've never really been as big of a fan of Giovinco in the middle as the one on the wing. I became a fan during his years with us during Ranieri when he used to replace Nedved on the wing and for Italy when him, Rossi and Balotelli formed a trident for U21. When he was used as trequartista or CF/SS I always thought he got bullied and was never able to use his strength which are going one on one, cutting in from the flank and his crosses.

In Parma he worked well as a SS because Donadoni gave him a free role. Gio used to drop down and pick up the ball from midfield or spend a lot of time on the wings doing his thing. Conte always uses Gio as if he was Trezeguet or something like that and he's always running deep behind the defense trying to beat the offside trap.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
with llorrebte fighting the two central backs and a good confidence in Gio I actually see him doing well. but probably he will not cos somehow him and juve doesn't work, which is a shame for a true juventino like him who always was named the new del piero (whom will never come). I really hoped Gio would prove everyone wrong, but this year he was fighting the defenders to often.

today I was chiello launching a long ball at him which Ofcourse didn't reach him. can you blame Gio for that? no but if llorrentte doing that maybe Guo and Vuci can get more space to do their stuff.

Apr 29, 2006
Giovinco is another player that we have to sell, but we can't. All the signs are the management sees him here next season, but I think this is one of those times in football where pretty much everyone is hoping for one of those 'you never know' scenarios. Except Giovinco that is, but we should not forget his agent moaned a few months ago that his contract 'didn't represent his real value to the club'. Since I am pretty confident he wasn't talking about Giovinco giving his contribution to the club and the failing economy by asking for a lower wage, I suppose they might also consider a better paycheck elsewhere if offered.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
With 2 new strikers coming.... or possibly coming..... i find hard to see him getting much playing time.

UNless Conte changes the way he uses Gio..... what we have seen in the last 3 months is just the beggining.... he will e benched much mroe exts eason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)