Sebastian Giovinco (14 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
He can't receive a simple pass to save his life....
Put him out on the left where he belongs (just like Mirko) and you will see a completely different performance. Having him in the middle I think it becomes easy to mark him because you can just get 2 men on him rather quickly to cut his options and forces him to receive the ball with defenders on his back (his size doesn't help him there).

Out wide he has the agility and quickness to get around a man or get him going into another direction then cut in, thats where he can cause to most problems IMO :)D)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Put him out on the left where he belongs (just like Mirko) and you will see a completely different performance. Having him in the middle I think it becomes easy to mark him because you can just get 2 men on him rather quickly to cut his options and forces him to receive the ball with defenders on his back (his size doesn't help him there).

Out wide he has the agility and quickness to get around a man or get him going into another direction then cut in, thats where he can cause to most problems IMO :)D)
Could he play on the right? I was thinking about it last night, with Quagliarella in the center and Vucinic on the left.

Oct 23, 2011
Unless i'm mistaken he actually played the same role he has now at Parma. I don't know exactly what formation they played, but it was definitely with a 2 striker system (normally with Floccari in front of Giovinco). The problem is that he keeps the ball to long with him and gets pushed away. He seems just to eager to prove himself. It is also these simple things that go wrong, his completed passing percentage was disastrous yesterday. The club and Conte definitely have a lot of faith in him, however, at this moment when he doesn't perform he needs to be benched. I would start Quagliarella instead of Giovinco, who deserves the same long run of games Giovinco got.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
It's easier for a player like him to play in a club like Parma where the opponents don't defend as much and you get more chances for counterattacks etc

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Pirlo is a proven WC player who has been doing the business for years (he also learned to adapt after starting out his career in a more advanced role); Giovinco simply isn't and never will be!

Lukson

Nov 5, 2012
Could we try Seba as a central winger?

He tends to drift to the flanks & is naturally a winger. Also, his playmaking skills are decent. (Good at buildup, just can't finish... :facepalm:)

In the game against Bologna, I noticed that Seba dropped into the hole when Mirko came on while Bendtner was still on the pitch and started drifting to the flanks and back.

Vucinic --- Bendtner

-----Giovinco-------

(Issue: We'd lose a central midfielder)

Just a thought.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Had his breakout seasons playing at SS and thinks of himself as a 'goalscorer'...yet he is being misused at Juve? :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Ain't it time everyone came to terms Giovinco just isn't the player we hoped he could be?
NO! it is Juve's fault.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)