Sebastian Giovinco (43 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Well yeah, say that: he needs time to adapt or whatever, but his performance was laughable.

And I'm not even gonna argue about Giovinco because you clearly are not going to be fair with him :D
But I don't think his performance was laughable. He got into tons of great positions with very limited service. He should've had an assist if Vucinic didn't aim for the keepers hands with that finish :D .

You're so biased it's laughable.
I gave Giovinco a fair run before judging him. Almost 1000 minutes on the pitch before today and I don't think that he's delivered once. Two late goals in a walk over match? Holy cow, lets play him forever and watch him stumble around the pitch like a drunken smurf.

if you think I'm biased towards Bendtner, go dig up my posts when we signed him and see what my reaction was like. Now that he's here I want to try him out and see if he can do better than our other options.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
I gave Giovinco a fair run before judging him. Almost 1000 minutes on the pitch before today and I don't think that he's delivered once. Two late goals in a walk over match? Holy cow, lets play him forever and watch him stumble around the pitch like a drunken smurf.
Vucinic was playing worse than that for a good portion of last season yet we didn't see you insult him or treat him like shit.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Vucinic was playing worse than that for a good portion of last season yet we didn't see you insult him or treat him like shit.
I actually think that Vuci's bad run of form from November - Jan last season is on par with how Giovinco has been playing so far. The main difference is that Vucinic, even on a shit day, does something usefull. He played far from his best today and yet he set up our goal. If everything else fails him he's got the physique to battle off defenders and is usefull in the build up play. I'm insulting and treating Gio like shit because he hasn't shown anything in our shirt yet, by the time Vuci's bad spell of form started last season he had done plenty to give him credit for a few months.

- - - Updated - - -

I think people are being too hard on Gio as well. If he just learned to finish properly...
And learn how to stand his feet, and keep his head up for obvious passes :agree:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Gio was miles ahead of Bendtner, when he came on. But did you guys think he was under instruction to take the corner etc? Or was it just him getting into the act? Also, despite his fabulous run, should've passed if Bendtner was open. Explosive cameo though, no doubt about it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Bias and hatred.

Vucinic does no wrong, but Giovinco is persecuted to no end.
And you're just full of shit like usual. I give Vucinic criticism when it's deserved, it's just hard to hate on the guy who is responsible for us still being in the CHL race and who is our most consistent performer in attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 43)