Sebastian Giovinco (15 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Well, we all know what needs to be done for Giovinco to totally "own" the left wing. Unfortunately, a certain Claudio Ranieri prefers to have two weak flanks at all times. I see no purpose of having Giovinco, so long as this "system" is being implemented. Get rid of him.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I don't think Ranieri 'prefers' we have weak flanks, it's just that we have some really shit players at those positions :( let's see if SecCo. can rectify that this summer...that being said Seba was combining quite nicely with DC

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Giovinco will dominate next year. Nedved just kept him on the bench this year. Besides, Nedved will be gone, Del Piero will be another year closer to retirement.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I don't think Ranieri 'prefers' we have weak flanks, it's just that we have some really shit players at those positions :( let's see if SecCo. can rectify that this summer...that being said Seba was combining quite nicely with DC
Giovinco? :lol:

I'm pretty sure he prefers it. When you're down 1-0 at half-time, and you take off your only glimmer of hope to throw on a sack of potatoes, you're either confused or you have a plan (a shitty, non-realistic one at that). Ranieri is a little bit of both.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I was just assuming he would take over Nedved's place in the starting XI. Who else would go there?
Are they not targeting Diego, Silva, Quagliarella, Cassano, etc...to replace Nedved in Ranieri's inventive 4-4-2? These aren't wingers at all (barring Silva), but they'd surely be preferred over Giovinco. I just don't see Ranieri making the formation changes to accomodate everybody (ie. 4-3-3, 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2).

SoulSiick

Schizoid Man
Oct 16, 2007
Well but the thing is he is not happy to play in nedveds position,he said it before,the last time was after bologna game when he scored and played a good match,

This is from his interview with sky :

“I try to do my best on the field. I cannot say any more than that, as the only thing I can do is play well and help the team,” said the 'Atomic Ant.’

“The Coach knows the position where I give my best. I am happy to play, don’t get me wrong.

“It’s just that there are some situations where I have to keep coming back to help out the defence and I find I’m not as sharp when attacking. I don’t have Nedved’s stamina, so that is a bit of a problem for me.”

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
It will be interesting to see what happens once Nedved retires...Also if Diego appears in a Juve shirt...Will Giovinco be converted to a apprentice and back-up to diego in a position behind the strikers???? Or will he be used as an apprentice and back up to Del Piero as our player with flair in attack??? Such is the flair of Diego, from what I have seen and read, we could dispense with the flair in attack, play Marchisio, Sissoko, Camo in midfield, Diego behind Trez and Iaquinta (or amauri) and score a huge amount of goals...Class creator creating for class finishers. What we have lacked this season is consistently decent service for the forwards to play with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)