Sebastian Giovinco (14 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Looked great. Was pissed at the ref at the end for blowing the game up before he got to take another freekick.

Why does he play well for everyone other than Juve?

Because we always played him out of position simple as that but people here will have you believe he is a terrible player.

kao_ray

Feb 28, 2014
Cause they were crappy teams that matched his quality
Perhaps, but his season at Parma was pretty solid. And now for 10 min he created three good chances and won a red card for the opposition. He is a quality player all around, but failed with us. Maybe @Stevie is right and we used him out of position, though some of his games were really terrible. Even Conte didn't gave him a chance at Juve and now calls him up for the NT. I don't get it TBH.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Looked great. Was pissed at the ref at the end for blowing the game up before he got to take another freekick.

Why does he play well for everyone other than Juve?

Because we always played him out of position simple as that but people here will have you believe he is a terrible player.
I hope those transfer rumors were true. Would love to see him return to Europe and try himself at some other big club.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Perhaps, but his season at Parma was pretty solid. And now for 10 min he created three good chances and won a red card for the opposition. He is a quality player all around, but failed with us. Maybe @Stevie is right and we used him out of position, though some of his games were really terrible. Even Conte didn't gave him a chance at Juve and now calls him up for the NT. I don't get it TBH.
He was playing Azerbaijan in the last 10 minutes while up 3-1. This really says little about Giovinco's quality or abilities. Gio is mid-table star, and a bit-piece player at a top club. In the right role, he might been a good rotation player here, but the guy was never going to be a top player. He's just not good enough.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If he find the right team at the right time he can be a good player at a big club he has that sort of ability. I think he his next move will make or break him once and for all.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If he find the right team at the right time he can be a good player at a big club he has that sort of ability. I think he his next move will make or break him once and for all.
When has he shown this ability? Aside from 1 season, 5 years ago at a mediocre Parma? And now at MLS Toronto. It's not like he's ever performed well with or against top competition.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He was playing Azerbaijan in the last 10 minutes while up 3-1. This really says little about Giovinco's quality or abilities. Gio is mid-table star, and a bit-piece player at a top club. In the right role, he might been a good rotation player here, but the guy was never going to be a top player. He's just not good enough.
:tup:

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
When has he shown this ability? Aside from 1 season, 5 years ago at a mediocre Parma? And now at MLS Toronto. It's not like he's ever performed well with or against top competition.
Any time he has been played regularly in his natural position he has shown his ability. With Italy with the senior team but mostly with every underage teams he played in and at times with Juve too. Two examppes off the top of ny head of when he played great against top competition when he played twice against Chelsea and raped us.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If giovinco was actually wasent shit he would have adapted, or his coaches would have played him in his best position.

Stop this pathetic nonsense. He is not good. He is crap and parma and mls is his level

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I know people like him, and had high hopes for him after his youth career, but he certainly never fulfilled that promise. He's not crap, but he's certainly not an elite player and never has been. Not for Italy. Not for Juventus. Not even really for Parma.

I mean Dybala had basically the same season as Gio had at Parma, with 13 goals 10 assists, as opposed to Gio with 15 goals 11 assists. But Dybala did it at 21 whereas Gio didn't do it until 25. He's just another one season wonder player, who should probably have stayed at a mid-table club and been a very good player there. He's just not good enough for a top club.

And he's not tearing up MLS like the Messi of the league. He has 21 goals-12 assists in 30 games there. Messi and Ronaldo have had seasons where they score 40 goals in 30 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)