Sebastian Giovinco (8 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Giovinco agent: 'Toronto critics ignorant'
By Football Italia staff

Sebastian Giovinco’s agent said those criticising his move to Toronto FC are “ignorant” about the MLS.

The Juventus striker will be a free agent at the end of the Serie A season and already signed a contract with the Canadian club.

“Those criticising the decision to join Major League Soccer show they are ignorant about this sector,” agent Andrea D’Amico told alfredopedulla.com.

“Being talented also means being a pioneer, seeing beyond current trends and being ahead of your time. They will see that, after Giovinco, everyone will follow his path.

“What makes the MLS appetising is not so much the money as the project, the desire to play football and the 'hunger’ that Americans have for this sport.

“Those who talk without knowing the facts do so because they are left behind and don’t understand the reality of the situation.

“Without knowing that they cannot genuinely criticise: just act on assumption.”
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Have a great time in the MLS and get paid more than most other footballers in the world or get paid much much less playing for a mid table team? I know which one i would take thats for sure. People seem to forget that in life everyone is trying to make as much money as possible so fair play to the guy he seen an opportunity and took it.

The only was was down for him after Juve most likely a big club wasn't going to snatch him up in all honesty.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
From Giovinco's point of view, he's winning big time! Leaves the wilderness and comes to Canada, makes crazy money, br better then the whole league, get all ze bitches everything gio is winning big!! Compensating for something small, but fucking eh would I love to be gio now though

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Giovinco will never make it at any decent club in europe thats competing for a title in the top division.

In Canada he'll face opponents that allow more space. He'll be the star player off their team. If he does well, and he should, he'll become a fan favorite. He can win titles in the top competition in front of quite a load of fans. Meanwhile, he's making more then most players in europe like Vialli_92 and Fr3sh say.

How is that not an excellent thing to do for him ? Why choose fucking Parma or whatever righthand table team that never wins shit on a fraction of the wages.

I'm one of the biggest Giovinco antagonists, but giving critique for doing this is incredibly stupid and short sighted. Its very likely the best decision of his entire career

Lorenzo Juve

May 4, 2012
Giovinco could potentially play for up to 10 years in mls. If he is committed he could easily become a club legend.

Maybe not a big achievement at a club like tfc, but its a really exciting thought for fans of the team like me.

He could be the best player in the history of mls so far.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
“Being talented also means being a pioneer, seeing beyond current trends and being ahead of your time. They will see that, after Giovinco, everyone will follow his path."

:howler:

What a joke, I can't believe he'd move to the MLS in his prime.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We should negotiate with Toronto a January release even half a mil and this guy off our wage books early can only be a good thing. I don't think we need a replacement till summer.

Zzak

Sep 11, 2014
We should negotiate with Toronto a January release even half a mil and this guy off our wage books early can only be a good thing. I don't think we need a replacement till summer.
Their seasons kicks off in March...I doubt they are eager to have him on their books till then. Otherwise Beckham wouldn't have played for Milan.

Typical american mentality...only the games and goals count.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)