Sebastian Giovinco (8 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
He didn't even have that bad of a season. 11 goals, 6 assists. He did better than Matri, and Giovinco is not even a prima punta.

Nothing great, but far from despicable.

I mean, Ljajic got 8 goals and 12 assists last season and half of those numbers came against Pescara and everyone is ranting and raving about him.

I don't really care who we sell out of our current strikers, but I just hate seeing Giovinco getting $#@!ted on all the time.
I totally agree. I think the problem with Giovinco is, because he is not that young anymore, everyone had VERY high expectations that he would really excel at Juve after being given full trust by a manager at a big team. He didn't perform badly but not up to expectations.

Having said that, I do feel the statistics are somewhat misleading. None of Giovinco's goals were really decisive and that is the problem people have with him.

Despite him scoring more goals, I think he looked a much better player at Parma and also with his 1st stint with Juve under Ranieri. He seems to lose to the ball a little more and come off second best against defenders much more than he did in the past.

I have a feeling we will see a better Giovinco this season. Only problem is, his playing time is likely to be far more limited now with Tevez. The strikers got rotated constantly last season. This is not likely to be the case this year.

I also think Giovinco's optimal position would be on the left side of a 433 or 4231 and not as purely a support striker. I actually think he would do very well in La Liga or EPL where more teams use players in that kind of position.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I have a feeling we will see a better Giovinco this season. Only problem is, his playing time is likely to be far more limited now with Tevez. The strikers got rotated constantly last season. This is not likely to be the case this year.
the number of times I've heard people say/write this about Giovinco...

let's just face the facts, he is not Juve material and never will be.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
We don't need to have five strikers. Last year we got Bendner and Anelka for nothing. They didn't play for shit and were a total waste of wages.

Four strikers are enough - Tevez, Llorente, and any two of (Gio, Vuc, Quag, Matri) will do. I don't care which two goes out of those four as long as we make decent money out of them.

Forget about Jovetic.

From the sale of the two strikers, Giac, Isla and other deadwoods. We should put all that money on LW, and no, I'm not talking about Kolarov or freakin Zuniga. I want Gareth freakin Bale! :angel: we should have enough money to offer 30-40 million. The kind of money worth spending on, unlike Jovetic at this point with Tevez already in the house.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Giovinco is going nowhere. It's useless to talk about. I believe Vucinic will stay as well.

Quagliarella and Matri seem most likely to leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)