Sebastian Giovinco (32 Viewers)

Would you bring Giovinco back next season?

• Yeah, we could use him

• Nope, get rid of him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
WΏΏdy;3941025 said:
Should be behind Matri and bendtner in pecking order (no height joke) and should only be used when we have a lead of at least a couple of goals.
That's just stupid! Matri was been worse than Giovinco this year. Despite being a proper striker, he has fewer goals than Giovinco. Not to mention his form: non-existent!

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
That's just stupid! Matri was been worse than Giovinco this year. Despite being a proper striker, he has fewer goals than Giovinco. Not to mention his form: non-existent!
I'd like to see what Matri can do with the type of playing time that we have already wasted on Gio, its not like we're going to miss any of Gio's goal if matri fails to score. We're always comfortably in the lead when the hobbit scores.

Apr 15, 2006
WΏΏdy;3941081 said:
I'd like to see what Matri can do with the type of playing time that we have already wasted on Gio, its not like we're going to miss any of Gio's goal if matri fails to score. We're always comfortably in the lead when the hobbit scores.
Then you haven't been watching Juve play since the Milan match where he scored. Matri's been worse than Amauri. A shadow of what he was a year ago.

Oct 23, 2011
Then you haven't been watching Juve play since the Milan match where he scored. Matri's been worse than Amauri. A shadow of what he was a year ago.
The last game Matri started this season was against the Danes at home, he missed a couple of 100% opportunities, but played well overall. If he would have gotten the confidence (that other players got) since that game, he would have found the way up again. I would love to see Matri have a couple of matches to prove himself againt just as Giovinco and Quagliarella both got.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Giovinco ruined our game. Vucinic and Quag were on fire. Marchisio and Vidal were superb in midfield, while Asamoah and Isla were outstanding on the wings. It was all Gio's fault we lost!

- - - Updated - - -

when are they gonna learn that he is absolutly useless against teams that park the bus?? so $#@!ing annyoing!! bendtner could have done something today i am sure
Yep he's been a supersub so far. Scored so many goals!

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
Giovinco ruined our game. Vucinic and Quag were on fire. Marchisio and Vidal were superb in midfield, while Asamoah and Isla were outstanding on the wings. It was all Gio's fault we lost!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep he's been a supersub so far. Scored so many goals!

yeah, its easy to fucking score when you sit on the bench! give him half the time the little man has had, and he would have scored alot more than him. when he has played he has been unselfish and a team player, which gio is not.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Safe to say that's its the wrong timing to blame this one on Giovinco.

Save the blame and hate for the next time where he doesn't at least score and assists 2.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
giovinco simply must play every match until he is comfortable with the team and the team is comfrtbale with him.

he can be our best weapon, and i would gamble on a change of tactics to exploit his strengths if need be

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005

Save the blame and hate for the next time where he doesn't at least score and assists 2.
Is it your computer or your brains that you only see this thread? and that too the way you wanna see it? Every Juve player is being criticized in their respective threads, and giovinco shall recieve his short stick in his.

giovinco simply must play every match until he is comfortable with the team and the team is comfrtbale with him.

he can be our best weapon, and i would gamble on a change of tactics to exploit his strengths if need be
That's what i said, maybe we need to replace Conte. He's not using the hobbit right, marotta too. I was expecting us to sell half the squad and build a new one around Giovinco, sadly though it has not happened :(

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011

dont blame him for this match, but i do think someone else would make more sense in a game like this. that all

- - - Updated - - -

WΏΏdy;3941319 said:
If it your computer or your brains that you only see this thread? and that too the way you wanna see it? Every Juve player is being criticized in their respective threads, and giovinco shall recieve his short stick in his.

That's what i said, maybe we need to replace Conte. He's not using the hobbit right, marotta too. I was expecting us to sell half the squad and build a new one around Giovinco, sadly though it has not happened :(

LOL, good one :p:xmas:

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
dont blame him for this match, but i do think someone else would make more sense in a game like this. that all
Who would have made more sense? Its easy to say stuff like that when it didn't pay off. Conte/Alessio had 2 strikers playing badly and he wanted to get somebody else in and Giovinco is the natural choice because he's a regular and has played a lot.

Although I do agree with you that he should have been played on the wing in a 4-3-3. That formation would have made more sense when we were trying to score.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
same, and can people stop overrating the little fuck.

he did nothing usefull, we lost our entire attack when quag went off. wrong player at the wrong moment
Really? I didn't see anything useful from Quag. Both he and Vucinic were static receiving the ball and trying silly flick layoffs against a wall defense. Pretty much every chance broke down. Did we even have a shot on goal first half? I think maybe one from Quag, which should have been called offside.

Giovinco was certainly playing against more tired players, but they were hardly on their knees at that point. His movement and speed was far more useful in stretching the defense, it created more space for Vucinic and the Milan defense got deeper to respond. Defenders want to play against someone they can easily track, who they can directly go up against, and that's what they had with Vuci-Quag playing back to the wall football. Those Milan donkeys don't want to be chasing some little insect running across their back line.

Giovinco's problems remain that even with his movement he isn't decisive, and loses too many physical duels.

Incidentally, that mongoloid Yepes was extremely lucky to have not given a penalty away for that late challenge on Giovinco. He basically just smashed straight through him. If Giovinco had tried to control that header or delayed it then the ref would have to seriously look at it. I've noticed that defenders are generally allowed to throw him around like a doll even when it's an obvious foul, as if because he is so lightweight he would never have won the duel anyway. I'm not sure that's quite how you are supposed to officiate a game, but I've noticed it a lot in Serie A.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)