scoreline: game 1: 61-1 and game 2: 55-1 (1 Viewer)

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
http://www.asianage.com/

GFA bans four clubs
-By PTI

Margao, Feb. 18: In a damage control exercise, the Goa Football Association has suspended four second division clubs for alleged match-fixing.

The four clubs — Curtorim Gymkhana, Sangolda Lightning, Wilred Leisure and Dona Paula were suspended for one year by the GFA for alleged match-fixing in the final round of second division inter-zonal play-off matches in which Curtorim beat Sangolda 61-1 and Wilred beat Dona Paula 55-1.

The Executive Committee of GFA which met at an extra-ordinary session at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda on Tuesday evening recommended to the general body that the club managing committee executive members, officials and players be further expelled for life as prescribed by football’s world governing body Fifa in such instances. Additionally, each of the four clubs was also imposed a fine of Rs 5000.

--------------------------------------------------

lol!!! talk about beeing a discreet match fixing!!! ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Maybe they didnt throw the match, maybe they were just shite... Imagine getting hammered like that and getting punished by the FA for being crap... :D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
How about the life bans? What if they'd nothing to do with it? The players might have formed a big betting syndicate, and pooled their life savings into a win for the other guys... :)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Maybe they didnt throw the match, maybe they were just shite... Imagine getting hammered like that and getting punished by the FA for being crap... :D
:undecide: I don' t think anyone could be that bad. My school team playing against Juventus would probably only lose 40-0. I mean, it takes time to get the ball back to the center, and surely we'd waste enough time by just hoofing the ball as far as we can :D

++ [ originally posted by Mr. Bently Majedsworth ] ++
i love how each of the losing teams scored one goal :D
:LOL::howler::LOL: Yeah, I don't imagine the scorer would've grabbed the ball and run back to the center to get on with the game like most goalscorers do :D

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
Which country is this in?
India, IIRC.

Apparently two serie B teams were fighting for a place to play in serie A next season. They have the same points in the league but there was a goal difference of 5. The officails from both teams were kept informed of the scores of the other team so they kept scoring in order to outdo the other. And of course bribery was involved.

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

:undecide: I don' t think anyone could be that bad. My school team playing against Juventus would probably only lose 40-0.
A clean sheet for Juve?? That would be great!!! :extatic:

Ok...bad joke. :D

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
http://www.asianage.com/

GFA bans four clubs
-By PTI

Margao, Feb. 18: In a damage control exercise, the Goa Football Association has suspended four second division clubs for alleged match-fixing.

The four clubs — Curtorim Gymkhana, Sangolda Lightning, Wilred Leisure and Dona Paula were suspended for one year by the GFA for alleged match-fixing in the final round of second division inter-zonal play-off matches in which Curtorim beat Sangolda 61-1 and Wilred beat Dona Paula 55-1.

The Executive Committee of GFA which met at an extra-ordinary session at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda on Tuesday evening recommended to the general body that the club managing committee executive members, officials and players be further expelled for life as prescribed by football’s world governing body Fifa in such instances. Additionally, each of the four clubs was also imposed a fine of Rs 5000.

--------------------------------------------------

lol!!! talk about beeing a discreet match fixing!!! ;)
:dazed: is this for real..? I mean.. are you sure it's a football match..??

Good God..!! I never imagined that football could have that scoreline.. :dazed:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)