scoreline: game 1: 61-1 and game 2: 55-1 (1 Viewer)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
my mistake...its actually 149-0

In November 2002, the Madagascan club, Stade Olympique l'Emryne, lost the last game of the island's league championship to AS Adema by deliberately scoring against themselves.

The Adema players who had clinched the title the week before, looked on in amazement as the Stade players scored against themselves immediately from the kick-off - and continued scoring until they had clocked up a world record 149 own goals!

With the title already decided, Stade Olympique's coach Ratsimandresy Ratsaraka , had organised this bizarre own-goal fest to protest a refereeing decision in the penultimate match of the play-off tournament - which handed the Ademas club the title.

The week before, SOE had been leading Domoina Soavina Atsimondrano 2-1, when a hotly disputed penalty was awarded against them late in the game.

As soon as the penalty was converted the referee blew the final whistle.

The resulting 2-2 draw meant Stade Olympique were out of contention for the title - and Adema were champions.

So the protest was staged.

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
scoring against themselves...? :LOL: how stupid can they be....! at least dont make it too obvious....

hey maybe 1 goal = 2points, and goals from outside is 3pts. like basketball ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
scoring against themselves...? :LOL: how stupid can they be....! at least dont make it too obvious....
Actually, I think the whole point was to make a statement, so they were hardly trying to be subtle :D

I wonder what happened after each own goal... do u think the opposition just passed the ball to them and let them do the work? I probably would have either sat down and watched the show, or i would have offered to help them out, increasing my personal goal tally :D

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
my mistake...its actually 149-0

In November 2002, the Madagascan club, Stade Olympique l'Emryne, lost the last game of the island's league championship to AS Adema by deliberately scoring against themselves.

The Adema players who had clinched the title the week before, looked on in amazement as the Stade players scored against themselves immediately from the kick-off - and continued scoring until they had clocked up a world record 149 own goals!

With the title already decided, Stade Olympique's coach Ratsimandresy Ratsaraka , had organised this bizarre own-goal fest to protest a refereeing decision in the penultimate match of the play-off tournament - which handed the Ademas club the title.

The week before, SOE had been leading Domoina Soavina Atsimondrano 2-1, when a hotly disputed penalty was awarded against them late in the game.

As soon as the penalty was converted the referee blew the final whistle.

The resulting 2-2 draw meant Stade Olympique were out of contention for the title - and Adema were champions.

So the protest was staged.
it's not a bad idea...you're out of the running anyway,so you might as well do a publicity stunt;)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

it's not a bad idea...you're out of the running anyway,so you might as well do a publicity stunt;)

yeah... the worst thing that could happen is you would lose your job, which is basically the only thing you could do in life, being banned for life and and being barred from entering a soccer stadium ever...;)

i heard that happen to the coach and most of the players..

Aug 1, 2003
you know, I'd really love to see these matches for my own eyes. 149 goals in one match!

Imagine Thuram passing the ball to Tudor...

"he aims, he shoots and oh!!!! Igor Tudor has beaten Gianluigi Buffon, the world's best goalkeeper!!"

oh wait, maybe that already happened. :undecide:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
you know, I'd really love to see these matches for my own eyes. 149 goals in one match!

"he aims, he shoots and oh!!!! Igor Tudor has beaten Gianluigi Buffon, the world's best goalkeeper!!"

THAT'S MEAN!!!

But I enjoyed your post thoroughly! :dielaugh:

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juventino ] ++
http://www.asianage.com/

GFA bans four clubs
-By PTI

Margao, Feb. 18: In a damage control exercise, the Goa Football Association has suspended four second division clubs for alleged match-fixing.

The four clubs — Curtorim Gymkhana, Sangolda Lightning, Wilred Leisure and Dona Paula were suspended for one year by the GFA for alleged match-fixing in the final round of second division inter-zonal play-off matches in which Curtorim beat Sangolda 61-1 and Wilred beat Dona Paula 55-1.

The Executive Committee of GFA which met at an extra-ordinary session at the Nehru Stadium, Fatorda on Tuesday evening recommended to the general body that the club managing committee executive members, officials and players be further expelled for life as prescribed by football’s world governing body Fifa in such instances. Additionally, each of the four clubs was also imposed a fine of Rs 5000.

--------------------------------------------------

lol!!! talk about beeing a discreet match fixing!!! ;)

funny. scores at ht were 1-1 and 6-0.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
Maybe they didnt throw the match, maybe they were just shite... Imagine getting hammered like that and getting punished by the FA for being crap... :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++

lol-that one hurt ;) to bad it's already happened how many times> :rolleyes::wallbang: ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)