Scommessopoli : 2009-2010 betting Scandal in Italy (yes, this again :sergio:) (5 Viewers)

Do you think Conte is guilty of knowing about match-fixing and not reporting it?

• Yes

• No

• Don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Truly horrendous.

Will not face criminal charges, this is certain, but may face sporting sanctions afterall.

:sergio:

Why do I get the feeling we'll end up being the biggest victims once again?

Imagine Buffon and Conte out!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
sporting charges for what? It's an old story and it wasn't for football games.
But for what, if it's as Mark says?
I'm probably overreacting, but the fact that it's been brought up again makes me nervous as hell. Maybe I didn't understand the article completely, but the way I read it they are to have a further look at whether or not 1,5 million euros of betting money that Buffon received were legit.

If it's as you say, then it's probably nothing to worry about.

What we do know is that he won't face any criminal charges, which is good.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Remember that name: MARCO MENSURATI of Repubblica. He's the one starting all this shit about Juve, Bonucci, Buffon, Conte...

He's on twitter.

---------- Post added 31.05.2012 at 12:57 ----------

I'm probably overreacting, but the fact that it's been brought up again makes me nervous as hell. Maybe I didn't understand the article completely, but the way I read it they are to have a further look at whether or not 1,5 million euros of betting money that Buffon received were legit.

If it's as you say, then it's probably nothing to worry about.

What we do know is that he won't face any criminal charges, which is good.
They make the big title, other media see it, the international media see it and the result is Buffon bets illegally on football. IT'S NOT THE CASE!!!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The most that will happen to a big club from all this is Inter to make the CL qualifications if Lazio, Udinese and Napoli get pts deduction.

Just a lot of dust.

Btw, I checked other forums and it looks like only people here are scared about the consequences Juve and Conte might suffer. Everyone else is disappointed that we're not involved :D Too different from Calciopoli.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The most that will happen to a big club from all this is Inter to make the CL qualifications if Lazio, Udinese and Napoli get pts deduction.

Just a lot of dust.

Btw, I checked other forums and it looks like only people here are scared about the consequences Juve and Conte might suffer. Everyone else is disappointed that we're not involved :D Too different from Calciopoli.
I like this post. It made me breathe more normally.

:oops:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The problem isnt the typical footie fan, who despite their biasm, can read up on whats going or be set straight by others (for example some non-Serie A fans assumed Juve involvement again in XT, set straight by Serie A fans who typically are anti-Juve), but the average casual footie fan who only get info for footie by newspaper headlines at best, and when global media sensationalize this laughable scandal by making up some stuff about Juve (easier for them to do it, then explain in depth about Serie B players or no name Serie A players). Then that sets a certain kind of perception that hard to do much against. And yeah its the kind of thing that can indirectly make it harder for us and league in general to sign quality players from abroad.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have noticed one thing through all of this.

And I am very surprised that no one else has picked up on it.

The angrier that mark gets, his english gets better

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I'm leaving! - cit BD

:D

---------- Post added 31.05.2012 at 13:48 ----------

sportmediaset in the comment box about Gigi they leave out the anti-Juve stuff and cancel the ones who mention inter-chievo...milan-Lecce...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
FFS...a new low...And it HAD to be fucking Sculli ofcourse.

Safet Altic: what did Peperone (Luca Toni, n.d.r.) say yesterday?
Giuseppe Sculli: Peperone is here yet... I swear, here, tonight, I see him, he is here, the asshole is here. What an asshole! I told him: "If Carabinierovic catches you!... he will get angry, doesn't he? Beware of him, he has the pics yet, Sergio".
Altic: do not tell him we don't have the pics...
Sculli: I really have the pics
Altic: really?
Sculli: I swear I have them, bro
Altic (laugh): merda... keep them anyway... otherwise we are no more friends swith this peperone.
Sculli (laughs)
Altic: we give them to Mrs. Marta... what's her name?
Sculli: Marta Cecchetto...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)