[SCO] Scottish Premier league (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
juve red, would you travel to Sweden if Aberdeen were to play a Swedish team in the UEFA cup?

My friend here is wishing for that so much so we can go watch it and both Swedish teams in the cup play really close to where we live.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve Red, how did the Aberdeen boys do in UEFA Cup?
We did brilliantly. Drew 1-1 in Ukraine against Dnipro to go through on away goals to the group stage.

juve red, would you travel to Sweden if Aberdeen were to play a Swedish team in the UEFA cup?

My friend here is wishing for that so much so we can go watch it and both Swedish teams in the cup play really close to where we live.
I would like go to Sweden. The only problem is that the trip to Ukraine cost me about £600 but I would definitely try and go.

It would also be sort of a pilgrimage since Aberdeen's greatest achievement was in Gothenburg in '83.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I know about their UEFA win. I live in Gothenburg but the stadium where they won is now down and they are rebuilding it.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I know about their UEFA win. I live in Gothenburg but the stadium where they won is now down and they are rebuilding it.
Will it still be called Ullevi?

Sweden is certainly a country I'll visit at some point, I would be quite happy for that to be following the Dons in Europe.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Will it still be called Ullevi?

Sweden is certainly a country I'll visit at some point, I would be quite happy for that to be following the Dons in Europe.
Of course Ullevi.

Gothenburg has now a stadium called The new Ullevi. The old Ullevi (the one you know) will be newer than the new Ullevi though :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Aberdeen won't play against either of the Swedish teams in the group stage because they are in the same Pot and so can't be drawn together.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
i am just back from hearts spanking falkirk....well 4-0 up and cruising when i seen one of the worst offside decisions in living memory,plus from where i was sitting their 2nd had more than a whiff of offside about it too.
Just saw the Falkirk goals. Absolutely hilariously bad decisions. Both miles offside. Just count yourself lucky you were 4 up at the time.

Ref in Dons game was an inompetent half wit. We got two pens, but he gave every other decision against us.

OP
Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #289
    Just saw the Falkirk goals. Absolutely hilariously bad decisions. Both miles offside. Just count yourself lucky you were 4 up at the time.

Ref in Dons game was an inompetent half wit. We got two pens, but he gave every other decision against us.
    the thing is mate, they were so bad i convinced myself that i must hav ebeen wrong, he needs dragged over hot coals for that

bad luck on the uefa cup draw man, big euro nights but dont see much chance of progress

good luck anyway

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    the thing is mate, they were so bad i convinced myself that i must hav ebeen wrong, he needs dragged over hot coals for that

bad luck on the uefa cup draw man, big euro nights but dont see much chance of progress

good luck anyway
    There was never any chance of progress.

I'm quite happy with a couple of big-ish teams and a trip to Madrid.

Boksic

May 11, 2005

De Visscher's 2nd one looked dodgy, but a good win for the dons.

The UEFA draw is a tough one but like you said, it was always going to be unlikely that Aberdeen would progress so you can look forward to some good european games. In particular Athletico.

At least you'll get the chance to watch Ivanovic first hand for Lokomotiv.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    De Visscher's 2nd one looked dodgy, but a good win for the dons.

The UEFA draw is a tough one but like you said, it was always going to be unlikely that Aberdeen would progress so you can look forward to some good european games. In particular Athletico.

At least you'll get the chance to watch Ivanovic first hand for Lokomotiv.
    True, hadn't thought about Ivanovic. Aguero at Athletico too.

2nd penalty does look iffy. Difficult to say when there is only one camera angle. My initial reaction at the game was that there was slight contact and he made a lot of it. The TV hasn't changed my mind on it.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Aberdeen may be winning, but we are still playing shite.

We were lucky against Caley, we were outplayed by St Mirren until we scored and Gretna are just incredibly bad.

That is the three games that constitutes 'good form'.

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #296
    well hearts have really hit the bottom again, so erratic its not funny any more

however i wanna have a blast at the reffereeing stanfards in the spl-

ever since the days of craig levein the SFA and hearts have been at each others throats, now however its gotten beyond a joke. there was the larry kingston incident, and the witch-hunt of salius mikoliunas. ever since then the decisions going against us have been embarrasing!

today at a crucial point of the game a killie player handles the ball-the ref waves play on as Killie attack, the ball goes into the box and a Killie player (Nish) handles teh ball. the result?aye you have guessed it, a penalty for killie from which Nish scores.

last week against dundee united kingston is wrestled to the ground, clear infringement but the ref gives us nothing, united goes upfield and score a second

against falkirk 2 weeks ago they score a goal where 2 players are at least 5 yards offside

these are just 3 incidents from the last 3 games that cost us goals,but in each game there have been at least 12 decisions like this going against us.

sure you make your own luck and we are erratic in our play right now but this is ridiculous

OP
    Bozi

Bozi

The Bozman
    Administrator
    Oct 18, 2005
  • Thread Starter #298
    tell me about it man, and its gonna take a broken leg for a hearts player to get a pen

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    well hearts have really hit the bottom again, so erratic its not funny any more

however i wanna have a blast at the reffereeing stanfards in the spl-

ever since the days of craig levein the SFA and hearts have been at each others throats, now however its gotten beyond a joke. there was the larry kingston incident, and the witch-hunt of salius mikoliunas. ever since then the decisions going against us have been embarrasing!

today at a crucial point of the game a killie player handles the ball-the ref waves play on as Killie attack, the ball goes into the box and a Killie player (Nish) handles teh ball. the result?aye you have guessed it, a penalty for killie from which Nish scores.

last week against dundee united kingston is wrestled to the ground, clear infringement but the ref gives us nothing, united goes upfield and score a second

against falkirk 2 weeks ago they score a goal where 2 players are at least 5 yards offside

these are just 3 incidents from the last 3 games that cost us goals,but in each game there have been at least 12 decisions like this going against us.

sure you make your own luck and we are erratic in our play right now but this is ridiculous
    By the Kingston inident do you mean when he almost took Nicholsons head off, got sent off and then accused the ref of being racist(the refs wife was black:D)? I thought that inident was dealt with properly, if too slowly whih meant his ban was delayed til this season.

tell me about it man, and its gonna take a broken leg for a hearts player to get a pen
    Makes a change from the year you finished 2nd where you got a ludicrous number a penalties.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)