[SCO] Scottish Premier league 2013/2014 (2 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen sign the fantastically named Calvin Zola, who may or may not be a type of cheese:

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20130618/redtv-derek-mcinnes-calvin-is-mine_2212158_3213393

Never seen him play, but he's a big guy who scored a few goals last season.

He's our third 6ft+ centre forward, with the intention being to play 4-3-3, so I'm not convinced the signing was really a necessity.

Hopefully he's good at holding the ball up and linking the play, because the other two forwards aren't.

Wonder if the signing means we'll be prepared to let Vernon leave.

If we start the season with three senior centre forwards, McManus needs to get sent out on loan to get games and to get booted up in the air by lower-league centre halves.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Hearts have served notice of their intention to appoint an administrator.

The Edinburgh club have debts of £25m - owed to Lithuanian-based companies formerly owned by Vladimir Romanov - who are themselves facing insolvency.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22944291

:)
its been one hell of a ride under Romanov and we have been deposited the other side in practically the same situation we started off on....but with 2 scottish cups

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ah, one of the great fallacies of Scottish football.

Would have been the same for anyone and we probably would have strolled the playoff, just like the other one we were in.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I aint too worried, if we go down at least my ticket will be cheaper next season, fully expect Kilmarnock to go into admin sooner or later anyway

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Aberdeen FC is delighted to confirm the signings of former Bolton player Gregg Wylde and Lawrence Shankland from Queens Park.

http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20130624/dons-confirm-signing-of-gregg-wylde_2212158_3218540

Decent enough moves.

Liked the look of Wylde when he played for Scotland u21s.

Just concerned that between him and Zola that things are heading towards 4-4-2. Was really looking for Aberdeen to play 4-3-3 and dominate the centre of the pitch.

McInnes in an interview the other day wouldn't say what system he was planning beyond saying he'd always play with a back four.

Can't remember the last time Aberdeen signed a young player from down the leagues, so it's nice to know they are still at least keeping an eye on things.

The exaggerated niceness between Aberdeen and Queen's Park is due to Dundee Utd being dicks when dealing with Queen's Park and trying to avoid paying compensation to them.

Typical jute minks.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd guess there will be a full-back and a keeper signed and that'll be it for the summer.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
Celtic got raped by Greuther Furth 6-2. If I remember correctly, those guys didn't win a single home game in Bundesliga last season. Pretty embarrassing result for a club, that is better than Barca.

Also, found this hilarious post in that Celtic forum:

No one in the world of football gives a shit, much less knows, about this result.
Too bad they never realised the same goes for their win against Barca. Such a pathetic bunch of deluded idiots. :rofl:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Both Dundee football clubs have been shown the red card by food hygiene inspectors assessing their kitchens.

Dundee United FC and Dundee FC were slammed by inspectors investigating food and hygiene standards at the catering facilities in their stadiums.

At Dundee United’s home, the 14,000-capacity Tannadice Stadium, inspectors found mould growing on the bars of a broken and filthy extraction vent.

Inspectors also discovered cobwebs in other kitchen units and there were no hand washing facilities in the players’ lounge, where pies are often served.

In another area, inspectors found “no evidence” that staff washed their hands.
Local rivals Dundee Football Club fared no better, with the 11,500-capacity Dens Park failing a hygiene inspection in February.
Inspectors found mouse droppings in one food outlet and no hand washing facilities in others.

According to the investigators’ report, the relegated club had previously been warned about rodent issues.

Fucking minks.

Not surprising in the least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)