say goodbye to ancelotti (3 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
Me personally is not a big fan of United States government... also the Israeli government...i really not..

but thats my personal view and i kept it too myself.. but i really dont have any hatery whatsoever with any other US citizen.. in fac i like most of them and Serge is one of em..

u might not notice me much but i really a fan of your post and one of my people who is glad that you are back...thank u for coming back my man ;

That's OK, man. I know that alot of people aren't big fans of my country. In fact, I'm pretty sure that some of the people here that I consider my friends aren't big fans of my country.

But it's never been brought up, becuase like them, I see them for who they are on this forum, not what country they are from. Hell, half of them, I don't even know where they are from, but it doesn't matter to me. They are my friends because of who they are, and that's all that matters.

And, you're welcome, Aressandro.

And thanks to you as well, Henry.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
wb sergio. just fyi, theres a lot more people who would rather have you here than not here.

as for views- yeah i understand views and all that, but dont let em get to your head. if they try and preach opinion and speculation as fact, mess with em. see inbunco

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

That's OK, man. I know that alot of people aren't big fans of my country. In fact, I'm pretty sure that some of the people here that I consider my friends aren't big fans of my country.

*raises hand* :frown:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
Ok, I would like to clear the air, once and for all regarding this situation.

If anyone thinks that I left SOLELY because of what Ancelotti did, they are wrong. Ancelotti was simply the symptom to the disease that was beginning to rear its ugly head in this forum. The disease being a genuine lack of respect for people.

I understand about the need for debate, even argument, hell I've done it here a couple of times, it's necessary and vital to keeping a forum fresh, but there are lines that are drawn that no one should cross, and not only was that line crossed, it was obliterated. You can agree or disagree about tactics, transfers, scudettos, championship leauge trophies, music, movies, pets, ownership and squad integrity until your blue in the face, that's what the forum is here for. However, there comes a time when it goes way over the line, and it crosses over into the personal. And this is exactly what happened here.

Did I want Ancelotti banned? Ask martin, and he'll tell you that I asked for him not to get banned, because as much as i hated him at the time, I knew that he was just the match that lit the fuse to what i was feeling when the Anti-US sentiments were brought up, yet again, when I was on the forum.

I've never disrespected anybody here, whether it be their knoweldge of football, becuase 90% of you here know more than I do, and certainly not because of their race, nationality, creed, color, religion, sexual preference........et al. I would expect the same in return. It's not much for anyone to ask. For those that say "well, what ancelotti said is not a big deal", Oh really? well, how would YOU feel if out of the blue, someone who you were having a normal conversation with, decides to say, "you know what, you Americans are all dumb, brain-washed by television, have an idiot for a president, a joke of a school system , uncaring parents, but you know what, I love your country because high-speed internet is cheap, and so are your women"

And the fact that he deleted all of his offensive posts the next morning, when a thread was created saying that I had left, (which by the way, I didn't ask for nor expect, but I thank you, Iceblu. You are a friend.), goes a long way in telling you the fabric of his character. The fact that, although he APPEARED to show some remorse, he then proceeded to throw cheap shots at me when I wasn't here just showed that he could honestly care less who he disrespects, and it would have been a matter of time before he did it to other people.

A simple apology from you, ancelotti, and I would've have fought for you to stay on. Not even an apology, just something saying "look, I f*ucked up, and I won't cross that line again" would have been fine. I don't blame you entirely for me leaving, but not doing that just showed your blatant lack of respect for people here. The fact that I pm'd him and welcomed him here when he first got here when some people wanted him booted, and up until that point, we had insightful conversations, just made it all the more confusing and upsetting.

I also don't blame martin or any of the moderators here, either.
I never did. It wasn't their fault that this happened.

I guarantee that anyone here with pride for their country and their people, even one that has the imperfections of the US, would have been insulted, and extremely offended. My problem is, I've seen a couple of other times while I've posted here, and I've thought, "God, no other country gets picked on like mine, what's going on?" If it wasn't for this country, it's very safe to say that i wouldn't be here today. This country saved my family 3 generations ago during World War II, and me being the first on either side of my family to be born in this country, I take great pride in that, and I always will. So please understand that what was said greatly affected me, and maybe this can give you some clarity as to why I left.

Why am I back? Because I miss this place, and I realize that if I had to do things differently, I would have complained to a mod, although that is not my style. And, I miss my friends here. Terribly. And I wanted to come back, because they missed me here, and they showed great support, especially Z, Ian,Ice, Sunshine, Meow, Sally, Roverbhoy, Mikhail, Hydde, Gray, Vit, Anders, Martin, and lastly, my friend Incubo. Your support, along with everyone else here in this forum who showed support, is something that i won't forget for a long time.

Thank you very much.

So, now where do we go from here?

It's very simple actually. It's a concept called 'common decency'.

It's not hard, and if I can do it, hell, everyone can.

We're never going to always agree with one another. This is a forum, not a Utopian blueprint for paradise.

Forums back in ancient Rome were for sharing ideas, thoughts, arguing over philosophy, history, common ground, and opposing ideologies. It wasn't some mud-slinging free-for-all, where out of nowhere, someone would insult someone's background, or culture, and it's safe to say that we can do this here, too.

I apologize for all of the grief that has been caused because of this, but hopefully this has opened some eyes, and brought about some positive change.

I would hate to think that this was all in vain.

I would like to put this incident behind me, and I hope the rest of you would, too. I just didn't want this to fester any longer. I look forward to having insightful, humorous, often times stupid discussions with all of you again.:D

Let's move forward.

Thank you.

Whew, that was a lot to get off my chest:)

finally got to read this-great post. You made a lot of excellent points, and put them well. Glad you are back-lol-I signed up for soccer-gaming forum to persuade you to return, and you returned before I got to say anything :sad: ;)

mate

Aug 28, 2002
I didn't notice all this polemic cause lately I don't cill out here in "the hang out" at all, anycase... I'm happy that it is all finish and that Sergio is back cause he is a grate and nice poster :)
And about ancelotti... well I didn't interact with him luckly but I think that in a civil forum nobody can insult anybody or his country. We can discuss 4 ever about soccer when ouers points of view are different but this is not the place 4 personal attakks.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Hey Sergio, you "grew up" so quikly :eek: Now you already have more posts than I have! Congratulations :) You became such a good contributer to juventuz.com :cool:

Henry

Sep 30, 2003

But it's never been brought up, becuase like them, I see them for who they are on this forum, not what country they are from. Hell, half of them, I don't even know where they are from, but it doesn't matter to me. They are my friends because of who they are, and that's all that matters.

And, you're welcome, Aressandro.

And thanks to you as well, Henry.
you are welcome ;) Can't let them bully a fellow American, can I? ;) (I didn't do that much, I admit-I left for a couple days, came back, and you were gone :sad: but now you are back:D

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Hey Sergio, you "grew up" so quikly :eek: Now you already have more posts than I have! Congratulations :) You became such a good contributer to juventuz.com :cool:
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

@Mate-haven't seen you in a while

mate

Aug 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

@Mate-haven't seen you in a while
I know...
And... considered I joined the forums 28.08.2002 I schould be more than a "Juventuz regolar"... I am growing very slow :D Anycase also when I don't have time to post I often check out what's going on here ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)