Saviola to Juve ??? (29 Viewers)

Ventuno

Dec 26, 2002
2 Ramin: And why do you think that he will not be leaving Juve? In the beginning of this season Lippi had an interview, in which he said that the main objective for this season is winning Champions League, and that the last time Juve won the CL was when it lost scudetto, so "we have to manage to lose scudetto". Moreover, he added that should he not win the CL this season he is most likely to retire as a coach, because he wants to spend more time with his grandchildren. And that was said in the beginning of the season, when Juve was still considered as a strong favorite to win everything. So, with the way things are going right now, Juve will not win the CL. And if it will, then Lippi will move to the position of the national coach, vacant after the Euro. So, the chances for Lippi staying are quite slim.

Buy on AliExpress.com

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
On the other hand, Lippi went on to clarify those words that he said immediately after the cl loss to Milan were said as an impulse in the heat of the moment. He went on to say he'd see out his contract which expires next year, and wudnt leave the club unless he was asked to. Which is highly doubtful. Furthermore, Lippi exclaimed further that he had no intention of taking over from Trap. He repeated his desire to complete a decade at the club before he even considers moving on.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ventuno ] ++
2 Ramin: And why do you think that he will not be leaving Juve? In the beginning of this season Lippi had an interview, in which he said that the main objective for this season is winning Champions League, and that the last time Juve won the CL was when it lost scudetto, so "we have to manage to lose scudetto". Moreover, he added that should he not win the CL this season he is most likely to retire as a coach, because he wants to spend more time with his grandchildren. And that was said in the beginning of the season, when Juve was still considered as a strong favorite to win everything. So, with the way things are going right now, Juve will not win the CL. And if it will, then Lippi will move to the position of the national coach, vacant after the Euro. So, the chances for Lippi staying are quite slim.

I remember him saying that but just a few after that he made an statment that he didnt really mean what he said and he described it as an moment of frustration ( or anger .. dont really remember it exactly)

Len

Feb 13, 2004
How about we sell DV and get him.
DV is not gonna get a regular shirt anyway, might as well sell him.
Lippi has no faith in him and prefers DP when he is available.
I think DV is a good player but he should leave. It would be better for both club and player

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
if saviola joins though, we have a problem as he is very small. he isnt a trez replacement, hence, as DV isnt right now, which is DV's biggest prob for being benched, and of course, we have miccoli and del piero at the club.

do you think we could have del piero, saviola, miccoli and trez as our forward base? you have a 6'3" striker in trez, a 5'8" player in del piero, Miccoli is 5'6" and saviola wouldnt be much taller than that. its highly unlikely one would think.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I didn't mean that. Di Vaio is already great, but I say his skills don't match ADP's, Miccoli and even Trezeguet's at the moment.

I just fear he might turn into something extroardinary somehwere else.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
for di vaio to be good, the team has to be built around him. at parma, the coach did this and thats why he played very good. the problem is at juve, we have so many stars and lippi isnt going to change the team around just for di vaio to score goals. we have Trez who scores more and suits our game plan now so di vaio isnt a key for us.

i dont want di vaio to leave, i think he is good, but at the same time, i think it will benefit us more if we do replace him with that trez back up. but saviola isnt that player either.

i have been reading the articles on saviola, and they keep on saying that he is an attacking midfielder. i'm starting to think saviola is going take the spot behind the strikers if he does join.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)