Saviola to Juve ??? (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Paranoia, in defence, you have Thuram. One of the worlds best defenders as mentor, plus the possibity of an experienced defender which i'm sure moggi is looking for. ie. Stam or alike.

in midfield, you have Nedved and Tacchinardi as the experienced players and they would be the teachers.

for the forwards, you have del piero and trezeguet, two very experienced forwards.

We have the experience in players to be mentors at the highest levels. The problem is that we dont have enough youngsters in all areas. we have them in midfield and maybe even upfront, but not in defence.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
well i was thinking someone around the age of at least 34 and italian,a player you'd want in your dressing room but not neccesarily on the field..like therole rampulla played in the team four-five years back.but i think in a few years a few of the guys you mentioned could well fit the bill.:)

about the youngsters,i'd be shocked and terribly worried if moggi decides to hang on to his pride and doesn't do anything in the summer.

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Z- ] ++
I'm sorry? As well as being at least on Alex's level, if not better, Saviola is 7 years younger. It wasnt the main criteria, but only a reminder that he's one for the future... :rolleyes:
For the simple fact that you currently have NO evidence to claim so. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to have any anytime soon either when the organization in question is a Juve ruled by pragmatism.

Assuming a good striker in La Liga would perform anywhere near his Spanish standards in the Serie A is quite simply wishful thinking. In an environment that's comparatively conducive to attackers, Saviola hasn't done much to even merit the term 'good' Some here quite rightly mentioned physique as an issue; does any of you think DP underwent a physical transformation years back for fun? Its a pity the result turned out to be ultimately detrimental to his talent instead, becoming the very stick with which his bashers love to whack him with. DP at Saviola's age was at least twice the player the latter is. If DP played in La Liga, think Raul's equal or beyond.

As for your age argument as 'one for the future', not only is that meaningless in terms of insurance but contradictory as well when you mention 'replacement' in the same breath. You don't really hafta like it but Alex is most likely here to stay, which is just too bad.

Lastly, I know its a free world as far as preferences go but personally, I needn't look further than your avatar to reinforce mine.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Slack is right, Z. I reckon DP would tear up la Liga like Ronaldo is doing atm, and as much as you want Alex to leave, you've got to realise that he's better than the likes of Saviola.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
My opinion is that DP would be racking up 20+ goals per season in Spain. If he can score 16 in Serie A, 20 in la Liga is by no means beyond him. On the other hand, I wonder how Saviola, even Raul, would cope in Italy.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Saviola is struggling in a bad era for barca IMO. Barca are the inter of la liga. the team changes a lot, coaches are in and out all the time. Its just not him who is struggling at that club, many others have joined done the same. anyone who has seen him play at river and for his country know how good he actually is.

i'd rather an injury free inform del piero, but these days it seems like if he is either injured, or not inform. And whats bad is that he regains form, plays great for a handful of games and is injured again. so if del piero was to leave, which is still highly unlikely, getting saviola, already having miccoli, seems like a good thing to me as he is a quality young star who could do well at juve.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
NO, what we need to do is concentrate on all areas. defence needs heavy concentration, midfield needs creative concentration and forwards need a little fixing, ie. decide whether or not we need a striker or trez's qualities, or a striker of Di Vaio's qualities. There is no secret that we direct replacements for either instead of having to change tactics each time one is subbed on for each other.

lets not forget why our defence is rubbish this season. Moggi worried about the midfield and forwards and forgot about the 5 or so 30 plus year defenders who are passed it.

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    Hey, can somebody tell me if r true rumours about Trez going to Barca.
    Juan Laporta offered Juve 35 Milion euros.

Is this true ?
    Speak somebody who knows more...

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by arifelly |Juve| ] ++
    Hey, can somebody tell me if r true rumours about Trez going to Barca.
    Juan Laporta offered Juve 35 Milion euros.

Is this true ?
    Speak somebody who knows more...
    35m is too good to be true:down:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, if thats the amt. I think we shud sell him and bring in a younger marksman from the serie a itself. Not that Miccoli cant fill in as a full time replacement. But we definitely need a physical presence like trezeguet in the box.

Ventuno

Dec 26, 2002
    Selling Trezeguet for that money is the best solution. Given the today prices, it would be a good addition to summer spending budget. I've heard rumors that Roman Chelsea is trying to buy ADP and Montero for some 100+ mil. euro. I doubt that it is the case, because it is too much even for Alex, but should that be the case, I think that holding Alex in the squad just because his name is Alessandro Del Piero is not right. I agree that he is the symbol of the club, but he is performing once or twice a season - like with Real last year - but IMO its not enough from the front man of the great club.
    There was a time, when we all believed that Vialli, Ravanelli and Baggio are untouchables in this club. But Lippi had the balls to sell the trio and buy the likes of Del Piero, Zidane, Inzaghi. And Juve was quite successful with them. Now is the time for reform: Lippi, I am sure, will leave at the end of the season - if he wins the CL - he has nothing to win, if he loses - then he is over. Davids already left. Conte, Ferrara, Pessotto and Montero with Iuliano are playing their last season with the club. Of course, it is tough for everyone to realise that Juve will not be winning everything again, but next season will be the one for new players to fit in. Under the new coach. It will not be just Saviola, or just Stam. It will be a big group of players trying to fit in with Nedved, Tacchinardi, Appiah and Legrottaglie. And later, God willing, we will start our new quest.

P.S. Screw Milan, those arrogant bastards. And Capello, who said that his lifestyle is not for Juve. Screw you, Fabio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)