Sap.. (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
I never worked with this PS before..!!!

are you going to study SAP, El_Nur..? technically..? not only theoretically..
Unfortunately, SAP is not part of our curriculum, PeopleSoft is. Again, that's because PS is so widespread in the US, at least in the NorthEast.

But one of my program's alums is a Senior Vice President with SAP ;)

I hope I will work with him on one of the projects. If I do, and you need a job with SAP, we can work something out :)

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #22
    ++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
    But one of my program's alums is a Senior Vice President with SAP ;)

I hope I will work with him on one of the projects. If I do, and you need a job with SAP, we can work something out :)
    well, thank you.. :)

I'll apply for a raise, if they refused, then I know where to go.. :D

Unfortunately, SAP is not part of our curriculum, PeopleSoft is. Again, that's because PS is so widespread in the US, at least in the NorthEast.
    till now, I haven't heard of someone who took courses in SAP before working with a company that runs SAP..!!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

well, thank you.. :)

I'll apply for a raise, if they refused, then I know where to go.. :D

till now, I haven't heard of someone who took courses in SAP before working with a company that runs SAP..!!
    I think that even these cources existed they would be a part of a degree program at a university.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Can anyone get a SAP certification?
    If so, how?
    or what is required for one to be able to study it and be certified?
    And what are the different certifications offered?

If the answer is going to be huge, I can tell you what interests me and maybe someone can answer me accordingly.

I am an electronics engineer and I am now working on a masters thesis in quality management. I am job hunting at the moment and my target is a quality job in an industry, preferrably electronics. I am encountering lots and lots of SAP positions, so I am intrigued to know.

Thank you :)

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    I would prefer to call it fun rather than a career as the latter almost does not exist. As for a hobby one can do lots of fun things with those little thingies :)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    SAP should have certification. I know PeopleSoft does. And SAP is second largest software company in the world.

Two ways I see to get a hands on experience with SAP ERP package is to:

1. Get a job/intership with a company implementing the ERP in-house, and/or using the interface already- similar to what Gandalf is doing right now.

2. Get a job/internship with a consulting firm, or SAP itself, and contribute to the actual implementation/testing. This way you learn a lot more, getting into all the details of how the ERP works.

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    I think that even these cources existed they would be a part of a degree program at a university.
    no, SAP (the company itself) have it's own education departments.. and to say "department" I'm not being fair to them.. they're huge.. the company has many branches across the world and in each (well, most) of these branches, u'll see a a big dedicated section just for offering SAP courses.. and they cost lots of money.. there are many levels of courses.. depends on the module you're using (Basis, MM, PR, FN..etc.) these levels are set.. once you finish the course.. you'll get a normal non-valuable certificate that basically says you have taken or attended this course with SAP.. it's just to prove that you have taken the course which is needed for the next level..
    if you want a certificate, you have to pay more money to attend the certificate test.. which is long.. if you fail.. you won't get your money back.. if you want a reset.. you have to pay again..!!

++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
    Can anyone get a SAP certification?
    If so, how?
    or what is required for one to be able to study it and be certified?
    And what are the different certifications offered?

If the answer is going to be huge, I can tell you what interests me and maybe someone can answer me accordingly.

I am an electronics engineer and I am now working on a masters thesis in quality management. I am job hunting at the moment and my target is a quality job in an industry, preferrably electronics. I am encountering lots and lots of SAP positions, so I am intrigued to know.

Thank you :)
    to answer you Jack, I'll quote El_Nur first..

SAP should have certification. I know PeopleSoft does. And SAP is second largest software company in the world.

Two ways I see to get a hands on experience with SAP ERP package is to:

1. Get a job/intership with a company implementing the ERP in-house, and/or using the interface already- similar to what Gandalf is doing right now.

2. Get a job/internship with a consulting firm, or SAP itself, and contribute to the actual implementation/testing. This way you learn a lot more, getting into all the details of how the ERP works.
    exactly that's how you get the experience.. and I did both, that's how I learned so fast about SAP.. my company sent me to courses in SAP.. I practiced them when I get back.. and step by step, I was involved in SAP Support Team.. I then joined a team that is working on a project of installing and implementing SAP ERP ( SAP R/3 Interprise) to one of our sister company.. I was heavily involved in that project..

now, what someone needs to be able to work with SAP.. it depends.. in which area of SAP are you going to work in..
    so far.. I can tell you that you need to have a good understanding of operating systems and databases, clients and servers to be able to work in the SAP Basis area.. if you have good computer language skills.. then you'll be a SAP developer, all this is still in the IT department..
    now, an electronics degree, I'm not sure where exactly you're gonna be needed.. can you elaborate more in your current study.. what courses are you having..?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    First I would like to thank you both Elnur and Gandalf.

The electronics degree is done and it is just there and I am not working with it and this is why I thought I might do something different. My current study is quality management and also I chose this to do something different than electronics. It is industrial oriented and covers processess and disciplines carried out in industries for quality control/assurance and the likes.

Still I am intrigued in SAP as it is big, especially in Europe.

Concerning my knowledge in programming, I have done programming in C and C++ and long time ago some Pascal. I have programmed in Matlab which is basically similar to C. Concerning DBs, OSs and the likes I just have the knowledge as I used to work in computer hardware.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
    Jeeks, what exactly do you wanna do with SAP?

Do you want to be a consultant and be part of the implementation team? Or you want to administer an SAP package?

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Consultant

And I just want to know how long time it takes and how one can achieve a knowledge to do such a task

OP
    Gandalf

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
  • Thread Starter #36
    well, frankly, SAP is a big field.. it takes lots of time to master it.. know the technical aspects of it.. the theory behind it is tremendous.. but, the technical practice is more powerful..

all u need is just apply in a company that run its business with SAP.. once you get involved, my advice is to read.. and implement what u read as much as u can.. I'm working with SAP for two years now, and I still have lots of things to discover.. I think you have enough knowledge to be start your career.. and maybe one day we'll meet as two SAP consultant.. :cool:

good luck..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)