Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (52 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
nah you guys just randomly storm embassies and kill ambassadors
First of all that was not random, second of all, Stevens was not killed by a gun.

We have a power vacuum right now in Libya, the government is not in complete control, weapons with all their kinds are everywhere. If this situation happened in another country, there would be much more chaos and crimes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And please answer my question regarding your rights as a human.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all that was not random, second of all, Stevens was not killed by a gun.

We have a power vacuum right now in Libya, the government is not in complete control, weapons with all their kinds are everywhere. If this situation happened in another country, there would be much more chaos and crimes.
He was killed by Al Qaeda, which our gubbermint funded and now wants to cover up.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
1) Unless you live in one of the worst suburbs in the USA, having a gun is unecessary. What if it's stolen when you aren't home or a family member or friend takes it and uses it to commit a violent crime.. do you really think having a gun is worth it then to protect yourself from an imaginary threat?

2) So you honestly believe that thousands/millions of fast food americans who belive in the same crap that you do would really go and attack the government in the masses?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1) Unless you live in one of the worst suburbs in the USA, having a gun is unecessary. What if it's stolen when you aren't home or a family member or friend takes it and uses it to commit a violent crime.. do you really think having a gun is worth it then to protect yourself from an imaginary threat?

2) So you honestly believe that thousands/millions of fast food americans who belive in the same crap that you do would really go and attack the government in the masses?
1) Home invasions are not an imaginary threat. If you want to call something that, direct it towards terrorism in the US, or snake bites, or bee stings. I just had a neighbor who was a victim of a house invasion, so I don't understand the relevance. One can educate others on gun safety and have a viable plan for families who have to deal with a disaster (this can be anything from a home fire plan, to tornadoes, to earthquakes, whatever). If you educate your family regarding weapons, studies say they will be OK.

2) Not sure what you mean by that. I'm not advocating "attacking the government", if that's what you think. I am for educating people and advocating ideas.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
1) A couple of questions, was this neighbour home when the invasion happened and if so, would they have been in a position to get their gun and shoot the intruder(s) first?

Studies say, but just like the peope that did these massacres, there will be people that slip through the cracks (not just you, everyone) and use these guns to commit violent crimes that most likely may not have happened or the extent of the crime lessened if there was no gun(s) to use.

2) It definitely seemed like you were insuating that.

I think you are forgetting the main issue at hand here, the title of this thread. 20 6 and 7 year olds were senselessly murdered because of some psychopath and his gun nut mother. Stuff like this will happen over and over again until steps are taken on either mental health or gun control but hopefully both. You will say, I have a right to protect myself, but what about the rights of those kids and the hundreds of other innocent people that have had their lives taken away by a few sick individuals? I think it's pretty selfish to persist when this stuff keeps on happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I just saw on the news they said that guns sales are booming in the US, even on the other side of the country. Where does this sickening mentality come from and has desensitization destroyed these people ability to have empathy?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
And please answer my question regarding your rights as a human.

- - - Updated - - -

He was killed by Al Qaeda, which our gubbermint funded and now wants to cover up.
Whether or not they are linked to Al Qaeda will need further investigation(which our failure of a government has not been able to do), what is for sure is that they are radical Islamists. They've been responsible for multiple bombings in Benghazi in the past few days. They're digging a hole for themselves however, as sooner or later the government will get their act together, and hopefully crush these fuckers.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
One has to say, Andy raises a few valid points. Especially about the uproar that happens in the US media when an incident like this happens(rightfully so, there should be an uproar), but you don't read about the thousands of innocent kids bombed and killed by the US military in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq.

Another thing about gun control, after the revolution in Libya, I don't think there is a country with a higher guns per capita. Unfortunately, there are no statistics to prove this, first of all because its a new phenomenon, secondly, because most people who have guns(actually everyone is armed nowadays) haven't actually bought it, but the circumstances, with the people having to take up arms against a dictatorial government made guns easily accessible to almost everyone. The new government is trying to get people to give up guns that they do not own, but that has proven unsuccessful so far. When i say everybody is armed in Libya, i mean everybody is armed, i do not know of a household that doesn't have at least 3-4 weapons, and when i say guns, i don't mean 9mm's, i'm talking Russian Klashinkov's, BKC automatics, FN rifles and shit like that. Some people even have 14 mm's on their pickup trucks. Yet despite that, not even once has some crazy fellow went to a school and killed 20 kids or something like that.

There is much more to it than gun control as Deneb pointed out earlier.
Safe to say this can only end well.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Andy, if the intruder know you have a gun, he/she will probably bring one too - as Maddy said, it has a lot to do with the social inequality.
I agree about the big-pharma and I hope he wasn't on drugs "just" because of Asperger.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I'm not claiming that it is or isn't necessary. While I do somewhat follow these & other similar events, I do so from quite a distance. So you won't hear me saying I know or even understand everything about it.

But it really doesn't take a genius to understand the possible (longer term) consequences.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not claiming that it is or isn't necessary. While I do somewhat follow these & other similar events, I do so from quite a distance. So you won't hear me saying I know or even understand everything about it.

But it really doesn't take a genius to understand the possible (longer term) consequences.
Of course, i wouldn't dispute that. I'm just saying that unfortunately it was necessary.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i think theres a death penalty in khatoeyland if you say that out loud.
So that's not one of the Kardashian sisters... :shifty:

One has to say, Andy raises a few valid points. Especially about the uproar that happens in the US media when an incident like this happens(rightfully so, there should be an uproar), but you don't read about the thousands of innocent kids bombed and killed by the US military in countries like Afghanistan and Iraq.
Hell, given Anders Breivik, you'd think Americans feel affronted that they don't have a monopoly on mass school shootings of children.

As heinous and unacceptable as this event is, what I don't get are all the people who almost seemed surprised that this happened. That we had no clue this was coming, and there was nothing in recent history to suggest it was inevitable. Like all the school shootings and mass murders to date were ok, but that this somehow crossed a line that nobody thought would be crossed.

Almost as if all those previous school shootings were somehow relatively "acceptable" by comparison. :confused:

And what a fine moment in human history that was.
:lol:

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
As heinous and unacceptable as this event is, what I don't get are all the people who almost seemed surprised that this happened. That we had no clue this was coming, and there was nothing in recent history to suggest it was inevitable. Like all the school shootings and mass murders to date were ok, but that this somehow crossed a line that nobody thought would be crossed.
I bet media has a lot to do with this and how they spin the story.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Can someone answer this question... why does a civilian in the USA need an AR-15 or a similar weapon?

I'm guessing the answer is one of these two:

-A false sense of security so they can sleep at night

-To protect themselves from the government that is obviously out to get them and take away all their rights
Cause they look cool and can be switched to full auto. Also, they're one of the most common weapons over here.

AR15 isn't the go to weapon in a "home invasion", it's a range weapon. For home protection you definitely want a shotgun or handgun.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Whatever, I don't just mean AR-15, I mean military type sidearms. I don't think anything much beisdes hunting rifles and other impractical guns should be legal, with licenses too.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Andy, if the intruder know you have a gun, he/she will probably bring one too - as Maddy said, it has a lot to do with the social inequality.
I agree about the big-pharma and I hope he wasn't on drugs "just" because of Asperger.
They don't know if he had Asperger's, ADD, or the clap. It's just speculation, but the notion is that he probably had something wrong with him.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Here are some very good articles regarding this tragedy and our country. I know that it will be overlooked by some.

Newtown Shooter Had Asperger Syndrome, And Some US Gun Facts

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-15/newtown-shooter-had-asperger-syndrome-and-some-us-gun-facts

Guest Post: How To Spot A Hypocrite In The Gun Debate And Other Reflections On Newtown

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-...rite-gun-debate-and-other-reflections-newtown

Absolutely true. This is where the typical Democrat is exposed for what he is, a left-wing Bush voter. Not too many Liberals try to combat Obummer's foreign policy, as seen with how he was reelected. Bush also supported drone strikes, but Obama actually increased them on villages while hiding behind his worthless peace prize.

And since the typical Democrat voted for Obongo in the second term, they are also to be blamed for the destruction of the country and deaths of thousands across the globe.

Asperger’s Is a Red Herring to Explain the Newtown Massacre

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2012/12/aspergers-is-a-red-herring-to-explain-newtown.html

It is well known that certain anti-depressants and mood-altering drugs cause violence as a side-effect. Well, this appears to be yet another consequence of the "trigger-happy" big pharma addiction this country has, which essentially goes unregulated since the big-pharma is a huge lobby in Washington and in the US media.

http://betterbrainsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Prozac-black-box1.jpg

Guest Post: Meet Brandon Bryant: The Drone Operator Who Quit After Killing A Child

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-...t-drone-operator-who-quit-after-killing-child

Well yes indeed, that is pathetic, but it goes to show the media and Democratic/Republican party/voters are compromised and no longer trustworthy sources of anything. Shocker. We're slow learners over here.

All things considered, I think that increasing violence is inevitable in the nation because we have a violent government abroad and an increasingly totalitarian government at home. Violence is celebrated in the media, violence is celebrated abroad, the government teaches us to fear everyone and to scapegoat certain groups, and the rule of law no longer exists when it comes to the elite that run the country.

By the way, to whomever posted the Mother Jones article... they are admittedly a left-wing magazine, not bipartisan. This forum always loves to post articles from them or from other left-wing sources, but since you aren't Americans, you don't really know the sources you're quoting.

- - - Updated - - -

You're 18, right? You don't live in the US, correct?

You might learn one day. The 4th and 5th Amendments are essentially gone with the Patriot Act and NDAA. It's just not an official amendment yet.

Someone like swag says the Constitution is garbage, but the document is what built this country. You destroy that document and you only have what the current government wants to promote. Mind you, the majority of people here are dissatisfied with Congress by a landslide, yet they continue to prance towards their eventual retirement without a regard for the public. Maybe about 25% of the voting populous voted for Obama, but the majority of them are either voting for social issues (which is garbage, IMO) or they're voting because they like the color of his skin. Either way, they're retards.

How exactly do my personal views regarding my own government threaten your way of life?
All great reads, very insightful :tup:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Cause they look cool and can be switched to full auto. Also, they're one of the most common weapons over here.

AR15 isn't the go to weapon in a "home invasion", it's a range weapon. For home protection you definitely want a shotgun or handgun.
People want to play army and professional all the time. For example, the fact that idiots would spend $50,000 on a horribly impractical Humvee for home use to drive to the supermarket (a decade ago when you didn't have to frack your backyard to pay for all the gas) isn't entirely off the same mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)