Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting (32 Viewers)

Aameer

May 6, 2012
The news of children dying is just the worst news possible. Losing a parent is hard but I can't even comprehend the loss of a child.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
But it obviously contributes.
You know states like California and New York have the strictest weapons laws in the country and some of the worst rates of violent crime. On the other hand, states like Arizona and Texas, where any random person could be carrying at any time, unsurprisingly have far less assaults, home invasions, car jackings, rapes etc because even the criminals don't want to get shot.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You know states like California and New York have the strictest weapons laws in the country and some of the worst rates of violent crime. On the other hand, states like Arizona and Texas, where any random person could be carrying at any time, unsurprisingly have far less assaults, home invasions, car jackings, rapes etc because even the criminals don't want to get shot.
In that instance I wasn't talking about the gun laws, just the availability of guns - whether acquired illegally or legally. And I think it's pretty obvious that less civilians with guns would mean less violent crimes.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Wow I haven't seen a causal link this tenuous since 2003

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)