Samuel Kuffour (1 Viewer)

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Juventus next for Kuffour? Thursday 3 March, 2005

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel Kuffour is expected to quit Bayern Munich in the summer for Italian giants Juventus.

The Ghana stopper has failed to agree terms over a new contract and he’ll leave the German club for free at the end of the season.

The central defender, who is set to be handed European citizenship in the next month, would be welcomed by Fabio Capello (pictured).

The Juventus boss is a known fan of the international after he attempted to sign him while in charge of Roma.

Reports suggest that Juventus have already started negotiations with agent Fabio Parisi over a move.

The Delle Alpi outfit are keen to rejuvenate their central defensive options for the new campaign, due to the lack of cover for Lilian Thuram and Fabio Cannavaro.

Juve presently only have Paolo Montero and Ciro Ferrara at the club as possible alternatives, following the January departures of Nicola Legrottaglie, Mark Iuliano and Igor Tudor.

Given that Montero is widely considered as past his best, and that Ferrara will retire in the summer, the club need some new faces.

Inter were also keen on Kuffour but they now seem to be concentrating on Benfica’s Luisao and Vincent Kompany of Anderlecht.

source: channel4.com

hm is this guy good? Any somments?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
On a free transfer, this would be a very good signing i believe. As back up, he is more than capable and has plenty of experience in europe.

I think Moggi would be crazy not to sign him if he was willing to join the club.

Get him on a free and still look for other defenders who are young and talented.

Shame that Inter are close to Kompany, he would be great to get.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
He's not the kind of player you want on the field if you're 1-0 up in the 90th minute of a cup final though :p

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
he is one of bayern 's important player when they won the CL..should have won the African Playerr of the year couple of times already... would be glad to have him...

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
Shame that Inter are close to Kompany, he would be great to get.
even if we don't get him, I hope for the good of the kid that he doesn't sign for Inter....

Kuffour would be a good back up. Nice signing if Moggi gets him

EDIT: Goal.com:

Kuffour On Top Of Juve Wish List
3/2/2005 11:58:00 AM
Serie A leaders Juventus have set their sights on Bayern defender Kuffour, according to Italian daily ‘Il Corriere dello Sport’.
The 28 year old Ghana international will be available on a free at the end of this season.

Roma, Milan, Inter, Newcastle, Arsenal, and Real are also competing for Kuffour’s services.

Juventus are slightly favoured in the race for his signature as general manager Luciano Moggi has been in direct contact with Kuffour’s agent in the past weeks.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
He's not bad,and should have no problems fitting into Serie A coming from the robust Bundesliga.As limited as his abilities are,he's an adequate backup defender and can be relied upon to replace an injured player over a couple of matches.

But then Igor Tudor fits that description as well,apart from his injury proneness he's every bit as good as Kuffour,if not better.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Koffour and then buy Barzagli. Get Oddo, Cassetti or Miguel to replace Zebina and put him on the bench. Then bring Tudor back as backup. Then we are set ;)
and we can play like this:

------Del Piero--Zlatan

Zambro-Nedved-Emerson-Camo

Chiellini-Canna-Thuram-Zebina

-----------Buffon

Subs for the defenders:
Chiellini - Pessotto
Cannavaro - Barzagli
Thuram - Koffour,Tudor
Zebina - Oddo or Cassetti or Miguel

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
:extatic: the daily formation!!!
of course ;)
forgot about Mutu ;) He can sub Del Piero if he is not fit. I want to start Del Piero, cuz his teamwork with Zambro and Nedved is Godlike...

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
Kuffour for back up?..... this guy is a rock....should straight go to our first team....

although i kinda dissapointed with this news.. i kinda saving him for the Moggi suprise transfer slot...like i did with Cannavaro.... buh..this news come tooo soon...

Edge

Jun 14, 2004
Kuffour can play at right back too, so we have a better options there.
Milan have Cafu and Stam, we only have Zebina :down:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
from all the transfers i ve heard i found this really interesting,
finally a player juve material,
facts like: confirmed manager-moggi contact,
bayern accord to the deal,
free transfer!!!
and many great teams dont want him,
make this transfer very probably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)