Samuel Iling-Junior (3 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
BuT hE wAs FoRcEd t0 pLAy tHeM.
I don't think that's false. If we had more choices, I don't think he'd have played these youngsters so much.
But I disagree with the notion that Allegri doesn't trust youngsters. A 22 year old Pogba and Morata played +2000/+3000 minutes for us in the CL final season in 2015. Next year a 22 year old Dybala played over 3000 minutes.
If a player is quality, he'll get the minutes from Allegri. This year we are in a position where average or below average young players are getting an undeserved amount of playing time.
Yet, I've read tens of posts implying or directly saying that Allegri hates youngsters.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't think that's false. If we had more choices, I don't think he'd have played these youngsters so much.
But I disagree with the notion that Allegri doesn't trust youngsters. A 22 year old Pogba and Morata played +2000/+3000 minutes for us in the CL final season in 2015. Next year a 22 year old Dybala played over 3000 minutes.
If a player is quality, he'll get the minutes from Allegri. This year we are in a position where average or below average young players are getting an undeserved amount of playing time.
Yet, I've read tens of posts implying or directly saying that Allegri hates youngsters.
this is a small sample size though.

pogba was already established as first choice mid under conte before allegri came here. who was he gonna bench him for? rincon or lemina? no way.

morata also was barley used in first half of first season here. the shit forward llorente was first choice despite morata making sub appearances and instantly making imapct. wasn't till after janaury he became first choice. don't remember why but i think llorente was such utter shit he didn't have a choice

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
morata also was barley used in first half of first season here. the shit forward llorente was first choice despite morata making sub appearances and instantly making imapct. wasn't till after janaury he became first choice. don't remember why but i think llorente was such utter shit he didn't have a choice
so morata became a starter and scored some very important goals (especially in the cl) despite having a manager who didn't even trust him, and only played him because he had no choice? morata must be a mentally strong player to pull that off, right? that's really what you're trying to sell?

loin pls

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
so morata became a starter and scored some very important goals (especially in the cl) despite having a manager who didn't even trust him, and only played him because he had no choice? morata must be a mentally strong player to pull that off, right? that's really what you're trying to sell?

loin pls
what the fuck are you talking about.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
this is a small sample size though.

pogba was already established ...

morata also was barley used ...
Not that small sample for a winning team. In such a team only the best of the best get a starting position and it doesn't happen often that an u23 youngster beats the competition and starts matches. Allegri gave lots of minutes to other u23 players too (Sturaro, Rugani etc.), but only the best ones like Pogba, Morata, De Ligt, Dybala got a starting spot and +2000 minutes.
The point was: if a young player is great, Allegri used him in a top team, while this year even not that great youngsters got to play a lot.

To strengthen my point about youngsters getting to play for a top team, I checked all the starting XI's of all the winning teams in CL in the previous decade, which pretty much coincides with the winning Juves of Conte and Allegri. We have Guardiola's and Enriques's Barcelona, Ancelotti's and Zidane's Real, Heynckes' Bayern, Mourinho's Inter, Klopp's Liverpool. These were the u23 players in the winning teams which started in the CL finals:
1. Noone (/) in Inter 2010
2. Busquets in 2011
3. Bertrand in 2012
4. Alaba in 2013
5. Carvajal and Varane in 2014
6. / in Barca 2015
7. / in Real 2016
8. / in Real 2017
9. / in Real 2018
10. Alexander Arnold in Liverpool 2019

That's 6 u23 players out of 110, which is not even 1 in 11.

Yet here we are in tuz obsessed about playing youngsters, blaming our manager for hating young players.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Not that small sample for a winning team. In such a team only the best of the best get a starting position and it doesn't happen often that an u23 youngster beats the competition and starts matches. Allegri gave lots of minutes to other u23 players too (Sturaro, Rugani etc.), but only the best ones like Pogba, Morata, De Ligt, Dybala got a starting spot and +2000 minutes.
The point was: if a young player is great, Allegri used him in a top team, while this year even not that great youngsters got to play a lot.

To strengthen my point about youngsters getting to play for a top team, I checked all the starting XI's of all the winning teams in CL in the previous decade, which pretty much coincides with the winning Juves of Conte and Allegri. We have Guardiola's and Enriques's Barcelona, Ancelotti's and Zidane's Real, Heynckes' Bayern, Mourinho's Inter, Klopp's Liverpool. These were the u23 players in the winning teams which started in the CL finals:
2. Busquets in 2011
3. Bertrand in 2012
4. Alaba in 2013
6. / in Barca 2015
7. / in Real 2016
8. / in Real 2017
9. / in Real 2018

Yet here we are in tuz obsessed about playing youngsters, blaming our manager for hating young players.
This.

Even the likes of Palladino, De Ceglie and Estigarribia had good patches as left wingers and made the occasional big game assist. I am not very excited about our current young talents (although I believe that Fagioli has certain qualities that our team needs - Alen is partially wrong) and I don't think Allegri is either.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006

2. Busquets in 2011
3. Bertrand in 2012
4. Alaba in 2013
6. / in Barca 2015
7. / in Real 2016
8. / in Real 2017
9. / in Real 2018

But this has always been Tuz, like many fan groups of poorly run clubs, they delude themselves into imagining the amplitude of problems in front of them will be solved by a change in manager...next year everything will be like it was during some peak era.

there are totallty legitimate criticisms of Allegri not playing to the strength of the team, which is clearly, only, attack but most of the team behind that forward line is mediocre as fuck.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
But this has always been Tuz, like many fan groups of poorly run clubs, they delude themselves into imagining the amplitude of problems in front of them will be solved by a change in manager...next year everything will be like it was during some peak era.

there are totallty legitimate criticisms of Allegri not playing to the strength of the team, which is clearly, only, attack but most of the team behind that forward line is mediocre as fuck.
Allegri is a different story. He had two summers and two winters to create his own winning team. The blame is on him for having to play these unproven and low quality players/youngsters, and finished veterans.
In 2015 and 2017, when we made it to the CL finals, we did it with almost completely different starting XIs. Back then Allegri managed to create a new winning team in 2 years. I though he was going to do something similar this time, but I guess Marotta was the one behind the creation of those winning Juve teams.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

2. Busquets in 2011
3. Bertrand in 2012
4. Alaba in 2013
6. / in Barca 2015
7. / in Real 2016
8. / in Real 2017
9. / in Real 2018

Should we have a CL winning team I`d understand why some are benched but when all playing shit, you can add youngsters.
Anyway at the moment I see our players as:
Miretti - Ok but a bit overrated
Fagioli - Has potential but he wont be the next Modric...
Illing - This guy has amazing potential IMO
Rovella - a good player and a good organizer - Better than who we have at the moment but not a Modric.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

2. Busquets in 2011
3. Bertrand in 2012
4. Alaba in 2013
6. / in Barca 2015
7. / in Real 2016
8. / in Real 2017
9. / in Real 2018

I was sceptical, but that's solid analysis.

I would like us and rest of italy to continue the hype train, inflate the prices of our youngsters, sell and then bring in some quality.

In reality, we will continue the hype train, noone buys into it, because we play poor ass football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)