Sami Khedira (43 Viewers)

Strickland

May 17, 2019
I see the 100m Pjanices stopped worshipping Momblano. They come around eventually. It just takes them some time.

:lol:

You pointed out Khedira can't find a team/is past usefulness date and then compare him to players who did.

And Mandzukic left in January while this summer mercato isn't over yet.

Khedira situation is super annoying and my eyes bled watching him and Berna play last season, but would you let go a year's salary?
I'd negotiate a termination, recieve 50ish%, be done with it and go to MLS / Japan /Australia or someplace cool or go back to Germany if I thought I still had the legs for top level.

Does leeching for a year and leaving on bad terms with everyone really look like the better option?

Buy on AliExpress.com

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'd negotiate a termination, recieve 50ish%, be done with it and go to MLS / Japan /Australia or someplace cool or go back to Germany if I thought I still had the legs for top level.

Does leeching for a year and leaving on bad terms with everyone really look like the better option?
Let's see what happens

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

probably no club would pay him the remaining 50% though.

he's nearing the very end of his career, and besides money, he's got nothing to lose. unlike milik, he's probably happy to sit out his remaining year, collect the paycheck then announce his retirement in a heartfelt insta post.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015

he's nearing the very end of his career, and besides money, he's got nothing to lose. unlike milik, he's probably happy to sit out his remaining year, collect the paycheck then announce his retirement in a heartfelt insta post.
It's weird though. Sami doesn't strike me as an idiot and if he wants to pursue a coaching/managing career further down the road it's better not to burn your bridges. I don't say he should just take it and make idiots in our management happy, but some kind of compromise is better for both parties imo. It's either he dgaf and already has plans after retirement, or our management decided to strongarm him and it didn't work out or maybe Sami really thinks he can play.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
... or maybe Sami really thinks he can play.
i wouldn't exclude that either, that's a real possibility.

i simply don't find reasonable that guys want him to accept a resolution of the contract without him having an other offer. in his case, probably most guys here would pick the same route: either try to prove himself, or just collect the $$$.

i'm much more angry with our management than i am with khedira. players have short careers anyway, and covid fucked the industry very hard, so good offers are increasingly hard to come by. higuain was lucky to get an acceptable way out. i wish khedira had one too.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It’s really not responsible to keep a player like Khedira with decently high wages when you know he will miss half the season and doesn’t really add much anyway. This guy should have been playing for DC United last season.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
It’s really not responsible to keep a player like Khedira with decently high wages when you know he will miss half the season and doesn’t really add much anyway. This guy should have been playing for DC United last season.
Is DC the worst team in MLS?

Strickland

May 17, 2019

Ok so he doesnt get to collect the remaining 3m in one year, but he probably could get a 2 year deal on 1.5m in some clubs and in some maybe a better deal. sitting out his remaining year sucks for two reasons:

1. he loses a year from maybe 1-3 years he has left
2. he destroys the relationships and contacts he has in Turin

Jun 16, 2020
Is he still injured? Maybe they’re waiting until his injury is over, so he can sign and immediately play somewhere else. Just like how we waited for Higuain until he agreed a contract with king Beckham.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)