Sami Khedira (19 Viewers)

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Remember when he was ran over by madrid in the final because he's old and football is all about pressing at speed now ?

Thats was 3 years ago
Then he was one of our best players against the same Madrid the following season. He should have been sold in 2018, but since we overpay for players we don't need > we have to sell young players for the plusvalenza > we have to keep the older players for depth > we can't get rid of them later because their contacts are huge, it's kinda our own fault we are in this mess

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Then he was one of our best players against the same Madrid the following season. He should have been sold in 2018, but since we overpay for players we don't need > we have to sell young players for the plusvalenza > we have to keep the older players for depth > we can't get rid of them later because their contacts are huge, it's kinda our own fault we are in this mess
He was, but that was very circumstantional and its key to identify the reason.

Khedira is fucking lost against quick pressing opposition. IF we can get madrid to play it slowly, we obviously got plenty o change. If however one bloody thing changes about our playstyle and we cant shield the midfield from runners and quick pressers, khedira is lost

thats called a liability. If you need very specific circumstances to shine, if gives coaches a plenthoria of ways to make sure that wont happen

- - - Updated - - -

I remember when we were ran over by madrid in the final for various reasons and you blamed it all on Khedira.

That was 3 years ago.
I actually didnt. We lost two key players and had anothet two limping. Khedira was forced into an open midfield as is usually yhe case in the many non organised teams, and he failed miserably. The press destroyed him. For me it was clear that day he was finished. You cannot have this in your team if you expect to win

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I actually didnt. We lost two key players and had anothet two limping. Khedira was forced into an open midfield as is usually yhe case in the many non organised teams, and he failed miserably. The press destroyed him. For me it was clear that day he was finished. You cannot have this in your team if you expect to win
This was the biggest reason. How about you focus on that.

Do you expect him to hold the mid alone against Real Madrid, who outnumbered us in the middle even before we had limping players on the pitch? The mid was an uphill battle from the very beginning, naturally things were only going to get worse with players picking up injuries.

Put whatever mid you want in for Khedira in that situation, the outcome won't be any different. How we got overrun was a full team collapse.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
This was the biggest reason. How about you focus on that.

Do you expect him to hold the mid alone against Real Madrid, who outnumbered us in the middle even before we had limping players on the pitch? The mid was an uphill battle from the very beginning, naturally things were only going to get worse with players picking up injuries.

Put whatever mid you want in for Khedira in that situation, the outcome won't be any different. How we got overrun was a full team collapse.
Mascherano would, and handled far worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)