Sami Khedira (59 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
That dumb referee ruled out a perfectly valid Morata goal as well. We should have won this game.
It feels like all the rule-related decisions come right after Juve gets properly fucked by their inadequacy:
we would beat Milan with Nedved, Bayern with VAR, and Real with that 4th extra-time substitution :sergio:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Let's not search for excuses - we're Juventus, not Shinter. We lost because we didn't take our chances and were simply not good enough. It has nothing to do with VAR or 4th subs. Nedved was dumb enough to get himself booked - it's a real shame, and we probably would have won with him in the starting 11, but we lost because of our faults and flaws.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Let's not search for excuses - we're Juventus, not Shinter. We lost because we didn't take our chances and were simply not good enough. It has nothing to do with VAR or 4th subs. Nedved was dumb enough to get himself booked - it's a real shame, and we probably would have won with him in the starting 11, but we lost because of our faults and flaws.
I get that you guys don't want to make excuses, but missing your best player is a huge deal. Do you think Real wins without Zidane in 2002? Or Bayern without Kahn in 2001? The final is a one off game, small details usually swing it in ones favor, and it's absolutely valid to claim losing Nedved reduced our chances heavily.

CL Knockouts is a much different animal than a 38 fixture league, you mostly face equally good or better teams and need to be at your peak physically, tactically and mentally to go all the way. In Serie A, even if we were to go 0/4 vs Milan and inter (I'm talking about when they were good), we could still have won the league. That is absolutely not the case in CL, which is why these small momentum swinging details hold so much more weight.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
That Nedved booking still kills me to this day. It's my favourite Juve game of all time but I remember staring at the TV after it finished seeing him in tears thinking what the fuck just happended was really mixed emotions at the end and eventually proved costly.

He was the best player in the world and him missing really messed up the balance of our team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 59)