Sami Khedira (63 Viewers)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
His contribution today, 0 tackles, 0 dribles, 0 headers, 81% pass success.
a6e8f0db9ea7a987d0131228a0c6e867.jpg
still, the moment he was substituted, we lost the midfield battle.

sami gives us balance, simple as that. his positioning is second to none, and football is all about spaces and how you use them. khedira is an experienced, smart, tactically aware guy. neither allegri nor sarri are idiots to consider him as a starter. the invisible man who you start missing the moment he's not on the pitch anymore.

fucking whoscored ratings though :baus: sensi was inda's best player before getting injured, ronaldo had an average game to his standards, and bonucci was a level above de ligt.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
I'd say we lost balance when we moved Dybala to CAM, Higuain was not able to cover Brozovic and Dybala was too tired to help on the right. With Can in and Berna as CAM our pressing game was on point again. That being sad, Sami is a savant.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
His contribution today, 0 tackles, 0 dribles, 0 headers, 81% pass success.
a6e8f0db9ea7a987d0131228a0c6e867.jpg
It’s really interesting because it’s actually what he does off the ball in my opinion that is so valuable. He takes up really good positions, he’s always very disciplined and he knows when to press and when to sit.

On the ball that dribbling stat at 0 I would say is good - he knows he shouldn’t be dribbling so he doesn’t do it and concede possession. Headers - not sure why he would have a header considering inter pass it out from the back rather than lump it to midfield so aerial duels at 0-0 is void. His ‘interceptions’ stat would be far more relevant which I believe there is 4-0.

Sami is the kind of player every footballer wants in the team and every manager appreciates but sadly fans only see the show boaty stuff. If we notice Khedira it’s for a goal or mistake. We don’t notice the intelligence he displays on the pitch because it’s not something that is as obvious as a misplaced pass...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Sami gets a lot of undue hate, because as has been mentioned a lot of his contribution comes off the ball with his intelligence and reading of the game. But on the other hand that also means he sometimes gets a free pass when he has a bad game because there's this idea that he's always bringing some kind of intangible benefit, which simply isn't true.

I think he played poorly against Inter and didn't do much in terms of shutting down passing lanes, making space for his teammates and helping control the tempo of the game.

Eros

Jun 14, 2019
There is certainly a lot of both hate and praise for this guy- not only in this forum, but also on social media. Personally, I have never liked his style since the Real Madrid days. I prefer the ball playing midfielders- participating in the build up more than the guys that just bomb forward.

Yesterdays game was a mixed bag. He had almost nice assist for Dybala. But a lot of inter’s attacks in the first half came from his area and I noticed he was still upfield or just easily passed by simple 1-2’s.

Not sure what the solution is since none of the bench players are playing up to their potential.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
It’s really interesting because it’s actually what he does off the ball in my opinion that is so valuable. He takes up really good positions, he’s always very disciplined and he knows when to press and when to sit.

On the ball that dribbling stat at 0 I would say is good - he knows he shouldn’t be dribbling so he doesn’t do it and concede possession. Headers - not sure why he would have a header considering inter pass it out from the back rather than lump it to midfield so aerial duels at 0-0 is void. His ‘interceptions’ stat would be far more relevant which I believe there is 4-0.

Sami is the kind of player every footballer wants in the team and every manager appreciates but sadly fans only see the show boaty stuff. If we notice Khedira it’s for a goal or mistake. We don’t notice the intelligence he displays on the pitch because it’s not something that is as obvious as a misplaced pass...
I agree, but 0 tackles :D!

Edhardy

Jan 9, 2014
There is certainly a lot of both hate and praise for this guy- not only in this forum, but also on social media. Personally, I have never liked his style since the Real Madrid days. I prefer the ball playing midfielders- participating in the build up more than the guys that just bomb forward.

Yesterdays game was a mixed bag. He had almost nice assist for Dybala. But a lot of inter’s attacks in the first half came from his area and I noticed he was still upfield or just easily passed by simple 1-2’s.

Not sure what the solution is since none of the bench players are playing up to their potential.
True.
He divides opinion.

Madrid did let him go for free though, and Germany are happy playing a right back in his position nowadays.
I'm not sure he would get in our pre-2016 midfield either, but clearly he does something right.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I'd say we lost balance when we moved Dybala to CAM, Higuain was not able to cover Brozovic and Dybala was too tired to help on the right. With Can in and Berna as CAM our pressing game was on point again. That being sad, Sami is a savant.
Yep. Bernadeschi basically marked Brozovic the whole time which Dybala wasn't able to do. That was what shifted the midfield balance.

I don't think Khedira provides as much balance as people think but he is a very cool head and he doesn't make a lot of errors. He also almost provided a great assist - I don't remember who to. It would be nice to have a more mobile player in his place but can't complain too much with his performances this season.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Juve seems to just keep winning when Sami starts. Look at this way, Sarri intuition when taking over Juve had Sami gone ASAP. Though Sarri must have seen something that changed his mind.

Like the fact Sarri isn't just going with preconceived opinions about players. Opposite like with Higgy, even though he was Sarri's boy, didn't automatically play until he earned it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)