Sami Khedira (25 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
I was pretty sure that the third cm spot was Bentancur's place to lose. I think I've might have gotten that wrong as Sami still looks our most dangerous mid going forward.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I was pretty sure that the third cm spot was Bentancur's place to lose. I think I've might have gotten that wrong as Sami still looks our most dangerous mid going forward.
i dont think he can put in top performances regularly anymore though. play him only in CL and occasionally against Serie A minnows to keep him in shape

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Decent game until he decided to root himself to the pitch on that first goal.

Hit the post twice too. Not a bad showing.

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
As mentioned above Khedira clearly doesn't have the legs to play several games on the bounce. He was fantastic offensively but struggled to track back today.

One thing I do appreciate with him is that he never loses the ball in dangerous areas. Like Pjanic, he´s got a quick mind and is already ahead of play when he receives the ball. Matuidi, Can and Bentancur while still young currently doesn't have that. It´s an extremely important trait especially in big games.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I see Sami has regressed further in his play. Usually he gets his 2 goals in game and goes AWOL for a month but now he isn't able to do that. I love it when I hear "he's our best attacking mid". LOL! I guess he was attacking too much not to get back to mark the player on the first goal.

Please, Sami should not be considered by Max to be involved with any CL play for Juve. The guy just doesn't have that quality of play in him anymore. It's not even his fault he's still here. Nobody says no to 6 mil!

Oct 23, 2011
It tells you enough about the state of our midfield that some people, including myself, believe that he is our best midfielder going forward, because he simply shouldn't be for a club of our level. Having said that, he rarely loses possession unlike all of our other midfielders, and he actually gets in the right position in the box. Was very unfortunate to not score at least once yesterday.

Honestly, he wasn't even completely at fault for the first goal even though he lost his man on the run there. First of all, we should have pressed Kucka a lit bit tighter and not let him send in that cross so freely. Second, both Caceres and Rugani are out of possession the moment the cross gets in the box as they are getting to close to each other. Instead, Rugani should have handed the striker to Caceres and covered the back area more (not in this picture, but watch replay of the goal if needed). Third, Cancelo is completely out of possession here as he is responsible for covering the area for the deep cross (or the second post).

Capture.PNG

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
As mentioned above Khedira clearly doesn't have the legs to play several games on the bounce. He was fantastic offensively but struggled to track back today.

One thing I do appreciate with him is that he never loses the ball in dangerous areas. Like Pjanic, he´s got a quick mind and is already ahead of play when he receives the ball. Matuidi, Can and Bentancur while still young currently doesn't have that. It´s an extremely important trait especially in big games.
Pjanic looses the ball in bad spots quite a bit. Matuidi hardly ever does, but is hardly ever in a position to, at least in the defensive half of the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)