Sami Khedira (31 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Meh. I have mixed feelings about him, rarely gives the ball away and can make a decent tackle without being carded but he is just so slow. Dude casually jogs the whole match whether he's running into open space to receive a pass or going back on defense the guy really doesn't give a shit about whether he gets there on time. Its like some machismo head game with him, I get there when I get there and won't be rushed by nothing.

Or is it just some optical illusion I am seeing cause to me it looks like the guy is never running

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
Meh. I have mixed feelings about him, rarely gives the ball away and can make a decent tackle without being carded but he is just so slow. Dude casually jogs the whole match whether he's running into open space to receive a pass or going back on defense the guy really doesn't give a $#@! about whether he gets there on time. Its like some machismo head game with him, I get there when I get there and won't be rushed by nothing.

Or is it just some optical illusion I am seeing cause to me it looks like the guy is never running
His gearbox is probably broken and stuck in second

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
There is never an urgency with Sami, he gets beaten and just jogs back, he gets stuck in offside and just stands there so when the ball finally gets to him he is still offside.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Meh. I have mixed feelings about him, rarely gives the ball away and can make a decent tackle without being carded but he is just so slow. Dude casually jogs the whole match whether he's running into open space to receive a pass or going back on defense the guy really doesn't give a $#@! about whether he gets there on time. Its like some machismo head game with him, I get there when I get there and won't be rushed by nothing.

I guess it's both his strength and his weakness. Being able to keep your cool in all situations is great in possession, where you want players who rarely mis-hit (censorship thinks I write feces here) passes or regularly choose the difficult options. With players like him, Matuidi and Marchisio we are so well suited to a 3-man midfield. I do like our front four as well, though, which allows us to survive dips in one or two of our forwards' form. Tough choice to make.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
Never liked him, never will. been saying sell in favor of a dynamic midfielder like Allan or Toreirra. Matuidi is technically too weak and khedira is lacking physically, if only they could fuse into 1 player :sigh:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Lazy Sami Jogira. Why run, when you can casually strut up and down the pitch? There were huge gaping holes in midfield. I recall Torreira having all the space in the world late in the 2nd half. He doesn't track back, and he's slow as fuck. A midfield duo of Khedira and Pjanic is easy picking for any team with a decent amount of physicality and hustle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)