Sami Khedira (24 Viewers)

Jan 5, 2011
I like him when he doesn't play. So yes keep doing what you doing Sami lol
Me too, i like it when he had to watch Juve playing on the tv, at home, then up pic on instagram.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy took marchisio’s juve career away
You forget Bentacur, Can and Matuidi as well. Marchisio is a victim of all these players...

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
I've seen enough Bentancur for now.
Easy to understand your concern for too much of Bent. The more you see Bent, the less visible is Sami. Hopefully Bent progresses to a point that Sami only sees the pitch against the weaker league squads in order to give the starters some rest. Sami upside has reached it's limit and time to see what more time for Bent could do for Juve.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Easy to understand your concern for too much of Bent. The more you see Bent, the less visible is Sami. Hopefully Bent progresses to a point that Sami only sees the pitch against the weaker league squads in order to give the starters some rest. Sami upside has reached it's limit and time to see what more time for Bent could do for Juve.
Why did you cut the "good to have him back for rotation" part of my post Though? Cause Bentancur clearly needs a rest, and so do our other two mids. I'd have named Can as well, as i'm simply concerned about running our mids into the ground at this point, but he isn't back yet.

And no, Bentancur hasn't really set the world on fire in his last games. He was Ok, a mixture of lot's of good and lot's of frustrating moments, but not as great as some make him out to be. Then again, i am fully aware of the fact that Bentancur not being named Khedira is already good enough for some of you.

However, you are right, I AM concerned. Because, as i've stated many times before, i'd like a better mid for our starting 11, preferably better than Bentancur, Sami or Can. But we gotta work with what we have, and whilst all 3 share different characteristics, they to me don't seem to vary a lot in terms of overall quality, so i don't care all THAT much for who of those 3 takes the third CM spot (despite still favouring Sami for now), i mostly just want them all fit and available for rotation to keep legs fresh.

Cheers. Inb4 Pitlol dislike.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Look, I agree the quality can be regarded as equal. History even shows Sami has done more than both Can and Bent. Who knows, maybe neither of their careers end up as good as Sami's has been. I just so wanting to see offensive firepower on display for Juve and Sami presently seems to be the least effective in that role. Maybe I'm completely wrong and Sami doesn't slow down Juve? Win a CL with him in there 50% of the time and I no doubt was wrong. You're right, spread it out among them and by CL 2019 action see who is he best option to use.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Look, I agree the quality can be regarded as equal. History even shows Sami has done more than both Can and Bent. Who knows, maybe neither of their careers end up as good as Sami's has been. I just so wanting to see offensive firepower on display for Juve and Sami presently seems to be the least effective in that role. Maybe I'm completely wrong and Sami doesn't slow down Juve? Win a CL with him in there 50% of the time and I no doubt was wrong. You're right, spread it out among them and by CL 2019 action see who is he best option to use.
Idk if he's slowing down our attacking game tbh. Depends on how you look at it i guess. Is playing a simple quick pass to a more offensive skilled player ala Dybala, Ronaldo, Mario slowing down our game?
With the firepower we're having upfront this year i actually don't mind it. Keep it simple as CM. In terms of being an actual goal threat, sneaking into the box, He's still ahead of Bentancur and Can at this point imo.

But we all know the biggest problem people are having with him is the defensive phase anyway, as he can't always keep up the tempo in high intense, fast paced, up and down games. That i agree with. He's just not the quickest of the bunch, But how often do we as a team play such open games? Not too often if we can avoid it, and even if we can't, it should be less of a problem with a mid three.

Anyway, my guess would be that who'll get third CM spot in important games this season, will often mostly depend on the opponent we are facing and the type of game Max is expecting, with Mire and Matuidi being the given starters if fit. We'll see, just let's try to upgrade our mid next summer.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
This guy is useless in big games. He offers nothing defensively and nothing offensively. He hides from the ball and we lose midfield control.

And yes, I would have said this even if he scored his chance.

I'm not expecting our midfielders to camp in the opponents box and score tap-ins. That's not their job.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
This guy is useless in big games. He offers nothing defensively and nothing offensively. He hides from the ball and we lose midfield control.

And yes, I would have said this even if he scored his chance.

I'm not expecting our midfielders to camp in the opponents box and score tap-ins. That's not their job.
Yeah he was mostly invisible but he does offer something offensively. His attack positioning was on point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)