Sami Khedira (23 Viewers)

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
Is it just me or has he really evolved these last months? It's like he transformed from a luxury/niche player to a great all-round midfielder. In the sense that he if he had an off-day it would be like playing in 10. This was apparent at the beginning of this season when his offensive game wasn't on point. His runs weren't really dangerous and would easily go invisible against tougher opposition, therefore not contributing a lot. Now though he seems way more involved. Curious if it's just good form or he has really improved. His overall fitness and constantly playing definitely played a part too I bet.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Is it just me or has he really evolved these last months? It's like he transformed from a luxury/niche player to a great all-round midfielder. In the sense that he if he had an off-day it would be like playing in 10. This was apparent at the beginning of this season when his offensive game wasn't on point. His runs weren't really dangerous and would easily go invisible against tougher opposition, therefore not contributing a lot. Now though he seems way more involved. Curious if it's just good form or he has really improved. His overall fitness and constantly playing definitely played a part too I bet.
What was asked of him in 3 man midfield and what is asked of him in 2 man midfield is huge difference, as is our teams overall peformance with formation change. He is not the only one who has re-ignited his season completely with the change. But he and Pjanic is the main reason for the change, the midfield was NOT functioning because they didnt have the dynamic physical/defensive qualities necessary to cover that much ground and keep the shape as was necessary for 3-5-2 or 4-3-1-2 so Euro Max found perfect set up to minimise their weaknesses and showcae their biggiest qualities (his is by far his intelligence). In Khedira's case its simply playing the holding CM role that has freedom to join attack on occasion thats tailor made for him, especially with all the slick movement and passing that exists in this set up. Compared to conservative and predictable ideas we had in first half of the season.

Kudos to Euro Max for using these players as they should be used. Has changed Sami's season from mediocre to fairly great one 2nd half of the season.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
In theory in a 3 man midfield you need to cover less ground because you have a extra man there to help.

And we all agreed that we needed a physical defensive beast like N'Zonzi to balance things out because Khedira and Pjanic were too soft to hold the midfield together.

And then suddenly Max does the opposite of what everyone on here thought and wonders happen.

Seriously if someone suggested a Pjanic - Khedira midfield duo he'd be "roflmaoed" like a peasant.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
In theory in a 3 man midfield you need to cover less ground because you have a extra man there to help.

And we all agreed that we needed a physical defensive beast like N'Zonzi to balance things out because Khedira and Pjanic were too soft to hold the midfield together.

And then suddenly Max does the opposite of what everyone on here thought and wonders happen.

Seriously if someone suggested a Pjanic - Khedira midfield duo he'd be "roflmaoed" like a peasant.

Pjanic the all-action, tough-tackling, take-no-prisoners, midfield general :lol: You can't even script this shit. Max has worked wonders with him and Sami. They've been fabulous in the double pivot in this new formation.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010

Not really, that theory neglect the important aspect of modern football : wing play

In narrow 3 men formation your side central midfielders will have to cover their flanks and also probably need to joint attack from/to flanks, not many cm can play that role and that maybe major reason why our 3 men midfield didn't work this season.

Juzvn

Jun 4, 2008
I love his through balls when he was at Real, his fitness was my only concern when we got the guy. Another was how he would play together with Marchisio as the first would replace the later in the role of linking mid and atk.

Apart from fitness, his tactical sense also got improved at Juve. If Muller is a space hunter, I would call Khedira a space manipulator. Earlier this season with 3 men mid, we did not have someone to cover for Khedira with his running forward. Allegri used Cuadrado and Mandzukic to support the flanks and give the guy more opportunities to play his game.

Sure the guy does not do fancy tackles and go forward like tanking beast like Vidal, but I rate him as a smarter player. If we want to go with 3 men mid, we need to have someone with more physical/defensive qualities like Alonso at Real and Schweinsteiger at Germany NT.

Not really, that theory neglect the important aspect of modern football : wing play

In narrow 3 men formation your side central midfielders will have to cover their flanks and also probably need to joint attack from/to flanks, not many cm can play that role and that maybe major reason why our 3 men midfield didn't work this season.
Nope. A more defensive player like N'zonzi would cover for the side that being pushed and buy time as needed for our higher up wingers to come back. If N'zonzi come I would expect a formation like this

---------Pjanic----N'zonzi---Khedira--------
--------Cuadrado-----------Dybala--------
---------------------Higgy------------------

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
We are playing with 3 mids. Manzu is playing as a left box2box midfielder for us.
It's like having prime vidal on that side. That's why its so difficult for teams to break us.
3? It's more a 4-4-1-1 with Cuads and Mandzo as LM and RM.

- - - Updated - - -

---------Pjanic----N'zonzi---Khedira--------
--------Cuadrado-----------Dybala--------
---------------------Higgy------------------
<

------------Khedira---Pjanic--------------
Cuadrado-----------------------Mandzukic
-----------------Dybala-------------------
-----------------Higuain------------------

- - - Updated - - -

N'zonzi can stay where he is, we have Mandzo.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Khedira looks so much more handsome with this short hair he has now. But anyway he even got with his ugly long hair this german topmodel, made by Heidi Klum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)