Salvatore Bocchetti - CB - Rubin Kazan (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
In a 3 man defence Bonucci did fairly well. It's a system that suits him and his calmness and passing skills (which have largely improved) is a rarity for a CB.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
In a 3 man defence Bonucci did fairly well. It's a system that suits him and his calmness and passing skills (which have largely improved) is a rarity for a CB.
Its not a rarity its a trend nowadays..Almost every top team has atleast one CB with good passing range..

Badstuber-Bayern
Ramos-Madrid
Hummels-Dortmund
Luiz-Chelsea
Vermaelen-Arsenal
etc etc.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
That makes zero sense Dooz and is a silly comparison.
The only thing silly here is Bonucci labeled to be great. Even during the season there were comments 'oh not Bonucci again' whenever a big mistake happened, rightfully so. Yes, he did play better but he was no way great at any point during his stay at Juve.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
To say Leo did not make mistakes and cost us a lot of goals is idiotic. To not see his improvement and his potential in his game after last season is even more idiotic.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
The only thing silly here is Bonucci labeled to be great. Even during the season there were comments 'oh not Bonucci again' whenever a big mistake happened, rightfully so. Yes, he did play better but he was no way great at any point during his stay at Juve.
Word, he's not great however I think he's on the right path to become a very good defender.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Being part of the best defence in Europe shows something.
Shows that we had Barzagli (who was in insanely great form last season, best defender in the league) and Chiellini who as usual great.

2nd half of the season he was decent (haven't made major mistake like he usually did before) but to call him great is :crazy:

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Word, he's not great however I think he's on the right path to become a very good defender.
Ok, that's something entirely different.

I think it would suck to lose him for those 3 years because he can be a good player. However, he was not great so far, not at all. Did he improve? Yeah.

I think Barzagli is a much better player.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Shows that we had Barzagli (who was in insanely great form last season, best defender in the league) and Chiellini who as usual great.

2nd half of the season he was decent (haven't made major mistake like he usually did before) but to call him great is :crazy:
Ok, that's something entirely different.

I think it would suck to lose him for those 3 years because he can be a good player. However, he was not great so far, not at all. Did he improve? Yeah.

I think Barzagli is a much better player.

Hang on folks, I never said he was great :D

---------- Post added 04.08.2012 at 14:57 ----------

No doubt Barzagli was the best defender in Europe last year.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
How do you base your judgement that he was the best defender in Europe?
We had the best defence in Europe, which he was the best player of.

All the major defenders of Europe with the exception of Kompany were below par and not at the levels of Barzagli week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)