Salvatore Bocchetti - CB - Rubin Kazan (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cron, given the uncertainty of what is going to happen to Bonucci, what other options are even remotely presentable?

They have to find a decent backup CB that has some experience at a good price.

Aside from Andreolli, I don't know who else they are being linked with besides this guy.
There were many names linked with us before Lucio joined us, like Zapata, Dede, Rolando, Ranocchia, Kjaer, Alves etc,
most of them are better and back then, we were not even looking for a starter, as we were relying on Bonucci and Caceres was available.

Naturally, as we will start looking for a starter, more names will pop up.
Unfortunately, Italy lacks the talents in center defense, to cover a starter role among Barza and Chiellini, this was reflected in the NT.
We might opt for a LB/LCB hybrid, like Criscito, taking down two birds with one stone.

Yet another mediocre choice like Bocchetti would add nothing, heck even a new Lucio, a veteran who can help us for a couple of seasons would be better.
As Bonucci will return then and he will be at his best, since at that age, most of the CBs have the best seasons of their carriers.

Bocchetti makes no sense, as he lacks the class, experience and quality to step in Bonucci's shoes, right away and help us for a season or two, in derbies and CL matches.
By the time he will become ready, Bonucci will be back.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
kjaer is awful. i would not have him as the back up to the back up of the back up.

the rest cost too much for backs ups to back ups.

caceres will be back my late septemebr anyway. we should look for the cheapest option + swich up between playin 3 and 2 at the back until martin returns

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Bocchetti has played more professional games than Bonucci and has played in the CL, which Bonucci hasn't. International experience (20 v 5 caps) is the added plus Bonucci now has. So I don't think inexperience is really an issue, only quality.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
There were many names linked with us before Lucio joined us, like Zapata, Dede, Rolando, Ranocchia, Kjaer, Alves etc,
most of them are better and back then, we were not even looking for a starter, as we were relying on Bonucci.

Naturally, as we will start looking for a starter, more names will pop up.
Unfortunately, Italy lacks the talents in center defense, to cover a starter role among Barza and Chiellini, this was reflected in the NT.
We might opt for a LB/LCB hybrid,like Criscito, taking two birds with one stone.

Yet another mediocre choice like Bocchetti would add nothing, heck even a new Lucio, a veteran who can help us for a couple of seasons would be better.
As Bonucci will return then and he will be at his best, since at that age, most of the CB have their best seasons of their carrier.

Bocchetti makes no sense, as he lacks the class, experience and quality to step in Bonucci's shoes and help us for a season or two, in derbies and CL matches.
By the time he will become ready, Bonucci will be back.
Whilst I agree with you that Bocchetti makes little to no sense whatsoever, players that you had mentioned such as Dede, Rolando, Ranocchia, and Alves are probably going to be out of Juve's price range at this point in the transfer market due to Juve still having to take care of the attacker position (s)

Now imagine if they hadn't already signed Lucio by now, how dire the situation at CB would be.

I can't see them spending upwards of 10 million for another defender right now. Possibly if/when those who are surplus are sold, then names such as the aforementioned list can pop up. Not right now, though.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well, true, we dont really know our priorities atm, i agree that the finisher should be given priority.
We can always snatch an experienced free agent like Lucio and recall a young one like Sorensen, as a short term answer.

Although i believe that having a starter wouldnt hurt us, he wont face competition untill Bonucci returns and when he returns, having 4 CBs for the positions is not too much, like its the case with Asamoah.

We will soon see what our priorities are, but the CB situation has moved up in the priority list now, esp above the SS

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, true, we dont really know our priorities atm, i agree that the finisher should be given priority.
We can always snatch an experienced free agent like Lucio and recall a young one like Sorensen, as a short term answer.

Although i believe that having a starter wouldnt hurt us, he wont face competition untill Bonucci returns and when he returns, having 4 CBs for the positions is not too much, like its the case with Asamoah.

We will soon see what our priorities are, but the CB situation has moved up in the priority list now, esp above the SS
For what it's worth, Juve just purchased the other half of Masi, so he is now fully owned by Juve.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
kjaer is awful. i would not have him as the back up to the back up of the back up.

the rest cost too much for backs ups to back ups.

caceres will be back my late septemebr anyway. we should look for the cheapest option + swich up between playin 3 and 2 at the back until martin returns
And then he mentions the train wreck that is Ranocchia.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
We are linked with Diakite too whose situation is similar to Bocchetti's, last year of contract and seems to have some difficulties in renewing. And according to his agent our technical staff likes him a lot and he doesn't rule out a move.

I already know Fr3sh's answer :D but which one would you guys take?

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Diakite is DA bomb, but I think a lot of people are underrating Bocchetti here. Ironically, I prefer him to Bonnucci as a defender, though I haven't seen much of him since his move to Russia. But Diakite will cost nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)