Salvatore Bocchetti - CB - Rubin Kazan (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I wonder if people calling Bocchetti overrated have actually seen him play over more than 3 times.
In reality, they probably have. He's been playing regularly for two years now, in a team that has been enjoyable to watch.

It's not like he's from FC Ulan-Bator like Pepe, Martinez, and other players that folks think we shouldn't judge.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Don't know about that. There are only some members here whose judgment over Italian players I would really trust because plenty of others seem to either overrate or underrate every Italian player. Its tough to get an unbiased view.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Over the years, looking at the talent the Azzurri have to offer and their subsequent crash out of the latest World Cup, who would you say has been more correct? The pumpers or the doubters?

Obviously the doubters have been correct, and that's just a fact of the matter. The only bright spots have been the likes of De Rossi, Chiellini, Cassano, Balotelli and perhaps Marchisio. Barfagli, Aquilani, Pazzini, Montolivo, Zaccardo, and all sorts of others were too hyped.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Alright well then I don't think either the pumpers or the doubters have been correct. I'm not denying that these have been a rough past few years for Italian football because of incompetence in the FIGC, a weak national side, a lack of talented youngsters fulfilling their potential and the top Serie A sides being overtaken by the premier league and Spain's big two.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Alright well then I don't think either the pumpers or the doubters have been correct. I'm not denying that these have been a rough past few years for Italian football because of incompetence in the FIGC, a weak national side, a lack of talented youngsters fulfilling their potential and the top Serie A sides being overtaken by the premier league and Spain's big two.
Incompetent FIGC - Check.

Weak National side - Check

Lack of talented youngsters fulfilling their potential (because they don't play regularly for the clubs, or even get a shot at the NT 9/10ths of the time) - check

All I would add to this, was that they had 4 years of very, very poor squad selection and some really poor tactical decisions...

Extremely poor performances by Donadoni, and especially Marcello Lippi - who certainly deserves respect - but completely lost the plot during his second stint as NT manager.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Barfagli, Aquilani, Pazzini, Montolivo, Zaccardo, and all sorts of others were too hyped.
Out of the players you named only Montolivo had any kind of help in Italy crushing out of the World Cup and no one here is rating him anyway. If you want to talk about overrated Italian players on juventuz you should start with Marchisio. ;)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Out of the players you named only Montolivo had any kind of help in Italy crushing out of the World Cup and no one here is rating him anyway. If you want to talk about overrated Italian players on juventuz you should start with Marchisio. ;)
Excuse you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)