Salvatore Bocchetti - CB - Rubin Kazan (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
To have some depth :) With natural and good left winger his only responsibility would be to defend. Anyway, we do not have a pure left winger and will probably won't buy him so the discussion is useless. I completely agree he cannot be used on the left with current wingers.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Which makes me think that Bocchetti will in fact be a LB, thereby paving the way for a more experienced CB
But that "more experienced" CB will be just a bench player and our back line will be consisted of 3 youngsters+Chiellini, one of which will be played completely out of position.

I see 0% sense in buying Bocchetti for the left side, if we play 4-4-2 or any formation with 4 defenders.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
But that "more experienced" CB will be just a bench player
Don't forget we play on 3 fronts so every top team should have 3 quality CBs. Legro should simply be our 4th choice, while we should aim for somebody much better IMO. I was never impressed with this guy...He wouldn't be bad but surely we can find better.

IMO we should look for Lugano and Burdisso instead.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If we had somebody like Elia or Giovinco who isn't all that defensively then Bocchetti could be an alright choice but since we already have Pepe for the left who is amazing at tracking back we should have a more offensive alternative as LB.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Also, is Bocchetti willing to become a bench player? He's still young and he has two young CB's in front of him.

Sarunas

Jul 24, 2009
It's a position with lot of yellow cards and you cannot rule out injuries. I do not think that a so called 3 choice defender would actually be a bench player. More realistic is that all 3 of them would have almost same number of games.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I wonder if people calling Bocchetti overrated have actually seen him play over more than 3 times.

He can be a very good backup CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)