Salut the great legend...Maldini (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Maldini blasts ‘scandalous’ Blatter
Wednesday 6 September, 2006

Milan and Italy legend Paolo Maldini has launched a sensational attack on FIFA President Joseph Blatter.

The defender has taken issue with Blatter’s comportment after the Azzurri beat France on penalties to win the World Cup this summer.

Blatter opted to not be a part of the award ceremony when the side was handed the trophy, a snub which Maldini finds hard to digest.

“The way FIFA treated us in Berlin was scandalous,” the former Azzurri captain said in an interview to magazine Panorama.

“Blatter refused to hand over the trophy to us and this is a scandal that our Federation did not react to,” he added.

“I had never seen anything like this and what is worse, Blatter keeps expressing very harsh comments on Italian football

“Now I understand why we never won as much as we deserved in the past.

“I think I know why everyone shows so little consideration for Italy, it’s mainly a political issue, but I think the FIGC must now behave like a Federation of world champions and make themselves heard.”

The veteran added that he may consider becoming some kind of football ambassador once he quits the game, even if he’s unsure of what his future holds.

”I have thought about this, but I don’t know what I will do,” he added before also criticising another important figure in the game.

“Let’s take Michel Platini’s example, he was always considered a very outspoken person, but now his statements always depend on what people think about him. I don’t really like what he says.”

Maldini was also asked for an opinion on former Milan boss Fabio Capello who was blasted by Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero last week.

“I fought with Capello in the past and that is no secret,” he added. “Discussions with him are always very heated, but one of his qualities is that he forgets the past very quickly.

“However, I must admit that I believe Barcelona are stronger than his Real Madrid side this season.”

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Isn't it weird how the great symbols of the game always stick by each other? I mean, whenever you ask Totti about Del Piero he says what a great guy Alessandro is and vice versa.

I didn't know Blatter wasn't part of the ceremony. TBH after the final penalty I was pretty far gone within the second :D. It's indeed quite shocking.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Seven said:
Isn't it weird how the great symbols of the game always stick by each other? I mean, whenever you ask Totti about Del Piero he says what a great guy Alessandro is and vice versa.
I guess these guys just respect the guys, who respect their clubs :agree:

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    Seven said:
    Not to also forget Totti bashing Crapello before, and now Paolo is sticking by Alex.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    Azzurri7 said:
    Not to also forget Totti bashing Crapello before, and now Paolo is sticking by Alex.
    I loved Totti's comment:

"If Del Piero says it's so, I'm not going to argue with him. Especially if Capello's at the other side of the argument."

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    juventus710 said:
    i agree with maldini, spoken like a true champion
    stuff bout barca being better than real... sry but he has to zip it
    Since when a player like Maldini has to zip it? We pretty all know that barca till now are better than real, it's a fact.

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    real still didnt gel together
    n real didnt lose 3-0 to sevilla this season
    plus he should take a look at ac milan(the squad will win serie a, since juve isnt there)

OP
    Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    juventus710 said:
    real still didnt gel together
    n real didnt lose 3-0 to sevilla this season
    plus he should take a look at ac milan(the squad will win serie a, since juve isnt there)
    So you're judging Barca after their one game against Sevilla? Sweet.

Like I told you, It's a fact, Capello has to prove that his side is better than Barca, so long Barca are dominating the Spanish area..until Crapello starts with his defensive formation skills, then he might get lucky....like usually.

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006
    i hate capello, but u got to admit hes one of the best managers out there
    n like is said, what is his business going out there n claiming barca are better than real
    ok i wont judge barca according to one match, ill look at another 1
    3-2 against celta vigo, not that special
    some people here make fun of ac milan cuz of the 4-0 loss
    i hate inter, but many make fun of the 6-0 loss
    u cant make fun of 1 team n ignore the other

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    all the respect to Maldini hes a great champion.Good to see the champions of the game standing up for it.

yeah it is weird.But thats wat makes them such great players.

So you're judging Barca after their one game against Sevilla? Sweet.
    Just like u r judging madrid from just one game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)