Salas - Ready and Roaring (1 Viewer)

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #21
    Marcelo Salas has thanked Juventus for showing their faith in his capabilities by not signing a new striker.

The Bianconeri have resisted the temptation of buying a new front-man despite the fact that the Chilean still has to prove his fitness.

Salas arrived in Turin last summer but his season was cut short after he damaged knee ligaments in October.

But the star is back in training and netted a neat hat-trick in a friendly win over a select Valle d’Aosta side yesterday.

"I want to thank the club for their faith in me. They made it clear from the start that they would be patient and allow me to recover fully. That gave me a boost to give my best," he said.

"I’m really happy with the way I played on Wednesday, it has lifted my spirits. My knee isn’t causing me any problems and scoring goals has improved my morale.

"I just want to look to contribute as much as I can in order to make this side even stronger than it already is."

Juve boss Marcello Lippi will be hoping that Salas can stay fit as he currently only has the Chilean, plus Alex Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Marcelo Zalayeta as attacking options.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)